Quest Gel (Moxidectin)

Elvan Willgrass

I am going to use Quest Gel (Moxidectin) 11.3g to worm my birds and for a gallon of water I am told I need to use 4 notches or bumps on the syringe for this amount. But as the instructions are American I think this will be an American gallon not imperial.

This is the difference.

An imperial gallon of liquid is defined as 4.54609 litres, and thus occupies a space equivalent to approximately 4,546 cubic centimetres (roughly a 16.5cm cube).

The U.S. liquid gallon and the U.S. dry gallon are different units defined by different means. The U.S. liquid gallon is defined as 231 cubic inches and equates to approximately 3.785 litres. One imperial gallon is equivalent to approximately 1.2 U.S. liquid gallons.

So I think if I used 3 notches it may be enough. What do you think?

Thanks for the replies, the one you mention blackdog I have read and I am sure he will be referring to the US gallon and states 4 notches (on another forum) per US gallon. The one you mention billy99 is different again as 1 notch to 2.5ltr would by just 2 notches for just over one imperial gallon. But when I read things again an imperial gallon is more water than an US gallon therefore I would need more then 3 notches. I suppose the amount you used billy99 must have worked OK. I am not sure what to do.