Fancy X Homing Pigeons

I'm sure this subject has probably been touched in the past on the forum, So I apologize if im covering old ground.. And I also think a lot of folks on here will see this as a sacrilegious notion..

Just interested in whether anybody thinks an outcross to some of the performance or fancy breeds could in any way benefit a racing pigeon.. Obviously most people will see it as a step backwards in breeding terms & there is plenty of racing strains that offer outcross options..

Just wondering if anyone has had accidental matings of this kind and the results? I have heard on the grape vine of a Tippler X being half decent..

Guest TAMMY_1

I'm sure this subject has probably been touched in the past on the forum, So I apologize if im covering old ground.. And I also think a lot of folks on here will see this as a sacrilegious notion..

Just interested in whether anybody thinks an outcross to some of the performance or fancy breeds could in any way benefit a racing pigeon.. Obviously most people will see it as a step backwards in breeding terms & there is plenty of racing strains that offer outcross options..

Just wondering if anyone has had accidental matings of this kind and the results? I have heard on the grape vine of a Tippler X being half decent..

I know a woman from a club which a friend of ours was in and she crossed a tippler with a racer and she won quite a few races with it