Begining Of The End

Bluedoo

Well thats my birds away for their first serious fly of their season, but my last one. Think its about 120 miles, though never had a distance for the race point. Very mixed emotions. Only sent as trainers, but for those of you actually racing, wish you all the best.

Well thats my birds away for their first serious fly of their season, but my last one. Think its about 120 miles, though never had a distance for the race point. Very mixed emotions. Only sent as trainers, but for those of you actually racing, wish you all the best.

Why you giving up?

Multiple reasons, I know my breathing is affected and if that was the only reason I might have tried a pressurised mask, but with the hawks, the cost of feed, training, the nearest club I can compete in is at least 15 miles away...................its become a chore. After 45 years with the doos I just haven't a clue what I'm going to do, still get great pleasure from just watching them going in and out building their nests and generally enjoying themselves.

Guest Tooshy Boy

Multiple reasons, I know my breathing is affected and if that was the only reason I might have tried a pressurised mask, but with the hawks, the cost of feed, training, the nearest club I can compete in is at least 15 miles away...................its become a chore. After 45 years with the doos I just haven't a clue what I'm going to do, still get great pleasure from just watching them going in and out building their nests and generally enjoying themselves.

TOTATLY*expletive removed*ED WE MAN THE BODYS GONE .BUT IF CAN GET THEW THIS ONE I WILL TRY LIKE A BEAR.//// :egyptian:

TOTATLY*expletive removed*ED WE MAN THE BODYS GONE .BUT IF CAN GET THEW THIS ONE I WILL TRY LIKE A BEAR.//// :egyptian:

No the bodys not gone. Probably the spirit has. This game is dieing. it was easier getting doos away 30 years ago than it is now!

All the best Bluedoo

Cheers my man, all the best!

Have you ever thought of having a younger partner.

Guest homestead

A sport in decline yes probably after this season might tell with the rising cost of feed, fuel administration ect.. 2 members of our club are feeling the pinch with 70 years of pigeon flying between them and no young blood coming into the sport. I wish you all the best in whatever you decide and good luck for the future... Regards Les

I'm sorry to hear this but understand that this time will come for us all, sooner rather than later if you're part of the older group of fanciers as I am, and needs rather than wants if your health is failing either due to PFL or another illness, as I am. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but hope that I have the same realism about it as you have, and am at ease with the decison, as you appear to be.

All the best both for your last season & for the future..