Update On New Loft

The engineer

Hi All

The latest update on my struggle to get restarted in the pigeon game. I have been working solidly for the last 3 or so weeks collecting and putting up the loft. It is now almost complete just waiting to fill it with some athletes of the sky. Managed to get 1 son into it working on the other 2 so fingers crossed. I am hoping to get some pictures however i am a bit of a techno phobe.

If anyone out there has some quality YB's they have spare or for a small fee it would be good. I am trying to keep the costs down to stop the wife realising how much the sport is going to cost. I even pay the local corn store a few trips buying little and often to hide the cost.

On the plus side the club i have got into is a 6 bird club and they have ETS which they loan to members that should save me some money. It is amazing how far everything has come on since i flew 25ish years ago. More minerals tonics and potions than ever. I think all we had was grit kirkpatricks i think black mineral and possibly pink now i am struggling to work out what to give them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

yup keep to basics good grit and good feed and a good health plan and should be ok try to keep away from over treating and test rather than treat , better to treat for what your birds do have rather than prop them up with a medicine bottle :)

Hi Engineer,

Good for you starting up again. Very best of luck with that. If you are interested i have three pairs of stock birds you are welcome to. If you want them pm me. You will have to arrange courier.

Cheers Ernie.

Thanks for the kind offer however i am not really set up to keep stock birds at present. I am hoping to race some young birds later in the season then breed from what is left. Perhaps in the future i may need to think about stock birds.