Auto Injector

BOND111

I was thinking of using a auto injector this year for the fist time.I have noticed that some for sale on line say that the adjust at 0.5 but the colombac paratyphoid states 0.2 Can anyone recommend a good injector.And how much I should be looking to pay.

Think the companies who sell the Pmv sell them. You'd get their product ad's on their website i reckon.

I got my gun from Pigeon Pharmacy a few years back. It was called the auto-jector, but the only thing that comes up for this on their website is a spare parts kit for it.

I also think the gun you've picked up is the farm one which is 0.5ml steps, whereas the pigeon PMV one deffo has only two settings: 0.2ml for Colombovac, and 0.25ml for Nobilis.

There is a gun advertised for pigeons, its of a different type, maybe an updated model? as name has changed to easijector, but warns for illustration purposes only, so maybe same thing, different name?

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Easijector-for-pigeon-vaccines/productinfo/EASIJECTOR/

I got my gun from Pigeon Pharmacy a few years back. It was called the auto-jector, but the only thing that comes up for this on their website is a spare parts kit for it.

I also think the gun you've picked up is the farm one which is 0.5ml steps, whereas the pigeon PMV one deffo has only two settings: 0.2ml for Colombovac, and 0.25ml for Nobilis.

There is a gun advertised for pigeons, its of a different type, maybe an updated model? as name has changed to easijector, but warns for illustration purposes only, so maybe same thing, different name?

http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Easijector-for-pigeon-vaccines/productinfo/EASIJECTOR/

Spot on imfo thanks.It was the auto injector I had been looking at.Which would have been no good for pigeons with a 0.5 minimum dose.It talks about boosters etc.But in the past I have used Chev vac-s every twelve months.Would you mind telling me when and how often you would use the colombac paratyphoid vaccine.As I am sure others would be interested.Many thanks.

Spot on imfo thanks.It was the auto injector I had been looking at.Which would have been no good for pigeons with a 0.5 minimum dose.It talks about boosters etc.But in the past I have used Chev vac-s every twelve months.Would you mind telling me when and how often you would use the colombac paratyphoid vaccine.As I am sure others would be interested.Many thanks.

Both Colombovac and Nobilis PMV vaccines are given annually. The booster vaccination (according to both manufacturers leaflets) is the jab given at one year intervals after that initial vaccination.

I have never used a paratyphoid vaccine. I think as long as you use it the way the manufacturer recommends, you shouldn't have any problems. But I would only use it on my birds if there was a serious outbreak of paratyphoid in my area, or if paratyphoid was a persistent problem in my area.

Both Colombovac and Nobilis PMV vaccines are given annually. The booster vaccination (according to both manufacturers leaflets) is the jab given at one year intervals after that initial vaccination.

I have never used a paratyphoid vaccine. I think as long as you use it the way the manufacturer recommends, you shouldn't have any problems. But I would only use it on my birds if there was a serious outbreak of paratyphoid in my area, or if paratyphoid was a persistent problem in my area.

Thanks for for all your help.