Pure White German Beauty Homers

i  bought these birds to enjoy and breed with,which,is my passion,not for profit,you have no right to comment on price of birds,if,you have no intention of buying,i will not get into a slanging match over this.as said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....................................ENOUGH SAID.....................Bewted

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) i think if both buyer and seller are happy , no question , it was the right price if i had room would have gladly paid £45.  for them . if i have space in future will now contact Bewted  ;D ;D                                                              andy

i  bought these birds to enjoy and breed with,which,is my passion,not for profit,you have no right to comment on price of birds,if,you have no intention of buying,i will not get into a slanging match over this.as said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....................................ENOUGH SAID.....................Bewted

If you look I wasn't the first person to comment on the price. As for I have no right to comment its a forum and thats the idea of a forum for everyone to give there opinion, which is all I am giving. If your happy with the price thats perfect, well done and good luck with them.

Have you ever showed them white rapido i.e what show quality are they.

I think over pricing is a main factor in the decline of fancy pigeons. For £45 I could get 4 or 5 pairs of rollers, sure I could sell them 45 a pair, but whats the point, as clarkey1990 said its a hobby why try make money, just sell them cheaply and let others enjoy them.

***My opinion***

I am completetly baffled by these comments.....

We'd all like to drive a porche.....so what shall we do...........drop the price to £200.00 so everyone can buy and enjoy one?

We live in a world where everything has a price and a value..........the birds have now been sold to someone who was willing to pay the asking price, and hopefully he will be more than happy with his purchase.

If you want to buy................then buy................if you dont or cant afford to..........then dont....

Theres no politics in this whatsover................

If I told you I onyl wated to pay 20p & and  straight bannanna for a pair of your top birds..................Iacan imagine what the answer would be..

I would really appreciate it if you would all get off your moral 'high horses' now .........................THE END  

We'd all like to drive a porche.....so what shall we do...........drop the price to £200.00 so everyone can buy and enjoy one?

We live in a world where everything has a price and a value..........the birds have now been sold to someone who was willing to pay the asking price, and hopefully he will be more than happy with his purchase.

If you want to buy................then buy................if you dont or cant afford to..........then dont....

If I told you I onyl wated to pay 20p & and  straight bannanna for a pair of your top birds..................Iacan imagine what the answer would be..

I would really appreciate it if you would all get off your moral 'high horses' now .........................THE END  

hear hear, i for one believe this post has gone way out of proportion,

Yes if both buyer and seller are happy don't see any problem's, nobody forces anybody to buy anything they don't want to purchase

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS
I dont think £22.50 per birds is ridiculous at all..... especially for.........pure white racing pigeons are anywhere between £25 & £35 a bird..all day long.....if not more in some instance...

If you want to go to a farmers market and pay £1.20 for a scraggly fantail..or a fiver for some Birmingham rollers that dont roll then thats fine....but these are quality birds, and not readily available in pure white either.........  

yes i agree i was payin £35 a show racer so there we go!

You cant make a comment, say the end, and expect me not to reply.

You say we want to drive a Porche i.e the best, so are you saying the person who bought these will be winning shows???? If they are top class then £45 is fine but I doubt they are even show standard, if i'm wrong please say.

I agree to your point that everything has a value, but I think your value is  way over. Thats great if the person is happy, but it still doesn't make it right in my opinion.

As regards to you saying what would I say if you wanted a top class pair for 20p.............theres a massive difference between 20p and £45.

And I end this post by saying, as a dedicated fancier myself, I will and whoever else agrees with me will stay on our "moral high" horses as long as people like you continue to rob and destroy our fancy by selling birds not worthy of showing. And Wiley or other racing men who want to comment on the matter, along with yourself, should come to a fancy show and ask the opinion of the fanciers about the matter.

Unlike you i will not say...the end...opinions are always welcome.

You cant make a comment, say the end, and expect me not to reply.

You say we want to drive a Porche i.e the best, so are you saying the person who bought these will be winning shows???? If they are top class then £45 is fine but I doubt they are even show standard, if i'm wrong please say.

I agree to your point that everything has a value, but I think your value is  way over. Thats great if the person is happy, but it still doesn't make it right in my opinion.

As regards to you saying what would I say if you wanted a top class pair for 20p.............theres a massive difference between 20p and £45.

And I end this post by saying, as a dedicated fancier myself, I will and whoever else agrees with me will stay on our "moral high" horses as long as people like you continue to rob and destroy our fancy by selling birds not worthy of showing. And Wiley or other racing men who want to comment on the matter, along with yourself, should come to a fancy show and ask the opinion of the fanciers about the matter.

Unlike you i will not say...the end...opinions are always welcome.

Hello,

I noticed you mentioned my name so hence you will get a reply. You are right in saying I am interested mainly in pigeon racing, however what you did and don't know about me is that I do keep the odd pair of fancy bred Nun pigeons, and i have been to the odd few fancy pigeon shows. At these shows i have seen birds i was interested in such as the Spanish theif pouters, modenas, and show homers and have asked certain people at these shows how much per pair and have been astonished by some of the prices they have quoted me, especially as i would have no interest in showing the birds in a fancy show, just kept at the loft for eye candy purposes.  There is over pricing in both the fancy and racing fancies, it is becoming ridiculous. But the prices i have been quoted before for show homers is there about the price that these birds have been put up for! Like many have said if you don't like the price no one is forcing your arm up your back to purchase!

Cheers.

Hello,

I noticed you mentioned my name so hence you will get a reply. You are right in saying I am interested mainly in pigeon racing, however what you did and don't know about me is that I do keep the odd pair of fancy bred Nun pigeons, and i have been to the odd few fancy pigeon shows. At these shows i have seen birds i was interested in such as the Spanish theif pouters, modenas, and show homers and have asked certain people at these shows how much per pair and have been astonished by some of the prices they have quoted me, especially as i would have no interest in showing the birds in a fancy show, just kept at the loft for eye candy purposes.  There is over pricing in both the fancy and racing fancies, it is becoming ridiculous. But the prices i have been quoted before for show homers is there about the price that these birds have been put up for! Like many have said if you don't like the price no one is forcing your arm up your back to purchase!

Cheers.

Keeping the odd pair of nuns doesnt mean anything. ANd if you agree fancys are being overpriced you should be agreeing that £45 is to much to be payin for a pair of pigeons to look at.

WHATS GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!....THE GUY ONLY WANTED 2 SELL A PAIR OF BIRDS!!!!! CHRIST IF YA DONT WANNA BUY EM DONT!!!!! OBVIOUSLY LOOKING AT THEM THEY ARE A PAIR OF CRACKERS SO GOODLUCK TO THE GUY WHO BOUGHT THEM AND MUCH SUCCESS...............

You cant tell if a pigeon is a cracker from a picture. This is one of my points, pigeons being sold to people who dont no much about the fancy.

seeing as certain people are intent at carrying on this protracted issue, I will add as requested that these birds are indeed show quality..and were bought from a certain lady in Wiltshire who has direct conncections with a gentleman in the Channel Isalnd who is recognised as perhaps one of the leading authorities on the showing of this variety.

going back to the comparison with cars....a Porche  may not be as good as a vaxhall corsa... but it still costs £100K.........

Bearing this in mind can you not see that this issue is about 'market value'...and the market dictates that these birds sell for £25 - £35 per bird...I am not a bird dealer....niether do I make money from selling pigeons.........I am a humble Chartered Surveyor who sells property for a living........

Its a simple ethos...If I want it....I buy it......if I cant afford it......I make do with what I can.............get over it  

If you want to waste your time trying to lobby the pigeon fancying world that all pigeons  should be sold for next to nothing...then please feel free.......I am happy .....the buyer is happy......you've got the hump becasue you cannot afford to spend £45 on birds.......Like I say..everyone has a budget to work to.....but dont critique those, who see the value in what they are buying.

Your moral high horse is on a collition course with a fast approaching brick wall......

I hope that some time soon you will grasp the idea of basic economy and stop thrusting your self opinionated views down everyones throat.......like I say......start peeing......or get off the potty.

I not in wrong here......and many share my views....if I was you I would concede and get back to showing your top quality all singing, all  dancing birds that you sell for 50p each...which itself demeens the bird...no matter how good it is.

seeing as certain people are intent at carrying on this protracted issue, I will add as requested that these birds are indeed show quality..and were bought from a certain lady in Wiltshire who has direct conncections with a gentleman in the Channel Isalnd who is recognised as perhaps one of the leading authorities on the showing of this variety.

going back to the comparison with cars....a Porche  may not be as good as a vaxhall corsa... but it still costs £100K.........

Bearing this in mind can you not see that this issue is about 'market value'...and the market dictates that these birds sell for £25 - £35 per bird...I am not a bird dealer....niether do I make money from selling pigeons.........I am a humble Chartered Surveyor who sells property for a living........

Its a simple ethos...If I want it....I buy it......if I cant afford it......I make do with what I can.............get over it  

If you want to waste your time trying to lobby the pigeon fancying world that all pigeons  should be sold for next to nothing...then please feel free.......I am happy .....the buyer is happy......you've got the hump becasue you cannot afford to spend £45 on birds.......Like I say..everyone has a budget to work to.....but dont critique those, who see the value in what they are buying.

Your moral high horse is on a collition course with a fast approaching brick wall......

I hope that some time soon you will grasp the idea of basic economy and stop thrusting your self opinionated views down everyones throat.......like I say......start peeing......or get off the potty.

I not in wrong here......and many share my views....if I was you I would concede and get back to showing your top quality all singing, all  dancing birds that you sell for 50p each...which itself demeens the bird...no matter how good it is.

If these birds are worth their money, where have you showing them and what have they won. Just because they came from, what you say, is a good loft doesnt make them good pigeons.

I know what most fanciers regard as leading authorities in gbh's and none of them leave next to near the channel islands, in fact a friend of mine won the npa show with a gbh so i know what im talking about.

This car compaision you are using is ridiculous, a car is nothing in comparision to a pigeon, with a pigeon its down to morale what you sell the pigeon for.

I know the market sells the birds for the prices you have given and I think the market is overpriced. Just cause others sell them for this doesnt mean you have to, I was always reminded in school that "if others jumped of a cliff...etc"

Believe me i could afford it, if I wanted to get gbh's I would go to someone who is winning shows, not a racing man who thinks he has struck gold.

but there we have it.....................you're definition of 'good' is completley different to mine........as a showman...hobbiest......racer......collector....................................it is not set in stone.........the value is in the eye of the buyer.....not a third party casting biggoted opinions.

the car comparisson mearly illustrates that everything has a value.....of which the market dictates..........rightly or wrongly...whether 'good' or not....

Only a fool would sell something at a loss........

and again.....i refer you to the 'age old' basic ideals of trading..............

You cant tell if a pigeon is a cracker from a picture. This is one of my points, pigeons being sold to people who dont no much about the fancy.

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! BUT YOURE WRONG YOU CAN TELL A LOT FROM A PICTURE, PLUS WERE NOT REALLY TALKING ABOUT A PERFORMING BREED BUT A PURE SHOW BIRD BRED FOR ITS LOOKS ARE WE NOT.........????

No sorry but your wrong. A lot of pigeons go on size as a main factor now, something you cant tell from a pic.

You seem to be the kind of chap that will argue that black is white............

you know it all....

everyone is else wrong.............

you are the saviour of the fancy pigeon breed.......

you are the man who single handedly stopped everything in the world being sold for more than 20p.................

you are the 'pigeon master' of the universe....to whom all should bow...........

and finally you are the man..................who is sounding increasingly boring

AMEN

ps....................IRISH FANCIER FOR PRIMEMINISTER