Pure White German Beauty Homers

This isn't my argument, but I sincerely feel for the white rapido man.

I once paid £150 EACH, for 4 Indian Fantails, beautiful things they were. I don't know if they were overpriced or not, the basic fact is, I DON'T CARE. I asked the price, was quoted, thought it was fair for what I was attaining, paid the man, and took the birds. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I am not, and have no intention of showing, as Wiley says, they were for eye candy around the garden. If its my money, and i choose to spend on something i want, what has it got to do with anyone else. Would you go to a car dealer and tell him he should be selling cars at a certain price. Or a grocery market, and tell them the veg is too expensive and should be cheaper, i bet when theres a special offer on there is nobody going to them and saying thats wrong, it should be more expensive!! The statement, a racing fancier and gold, whatever it was, well, i really don't agree that £45 is gonna make the guy a millionaire! Theres plenty of other people selling birds, at a lot more cost, and making claims that could be questioned. I think Rapido man is being hard done by here, and i don't know the guy from Adam.

I think Rapido man was asking a cheap price for a cracking pair of birds, going off the photo's. They might be crap in someone elses eyes, but to me they are beauties. If i had of been interested in purchasing those types of birds, the price requested would not have been an issue. I feel sure that the majority of fanciers, would feel the same. If u aren't interested, leave the people alone to get on with their business, unless of course u can prove that they are purpously robbing people! Going of the beauty of the two photo's, I seriously doubt whether it could be proved in a court of law that £45 is robbery! Good grief man, lighten up!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P i agree with Daveys posting , as a racer interested in some fancy breeds , Irish Fanciers points of veiw are a little off putting . :o                                  andy

This isn't my argument, but I sincerely feel for the white rapido man.

I once paid £150 EACH, for 4 Indian Fantails, beautiful things they were. I don't know if they were overpriced or not, the basic fact is, I DON'T CARE. I asked the price, was quoted, thought it was fair for what I was attaining, paid the man, and took the birds. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I am not, and have no intention of showing, as Wiley says, they were for eye candy around the garden. If its my money, and i choose to spend on something i want, what has it got to do with anyone else. Would you go to a car dealer and tell him he should be selling cars at a certain price. Or a grocery market, and tell them the veg is too expensive and should be cheaper, i bet when theres a special offer on there is nobody going to them and saying thats wrong, it should be more expensive!! The statement, a racing fancier and gold, whatever it was, well, i really don't agree that £45 is gonna make the guy a millionaire! Theres plenty of other people selling birds, at a lot more cost, and making claims that could be questioned. I think Rapido man is being hard done by here, and i don't know the guy from Adam.

I think Rapido man was asking a cheap price for a cracking pair of birds, going off the photo's. They might be crap in someone elses eyes, but to me they are beauties. If i had of been interested in purchasing those types of birds, the price requested would not have been an issue. I feel sure that the majority of fanciers, would feel the same. If u aren't interested, leave the people alone to get on with their business, unless of course u can prove that they are purpously robbing people! Going of the beauty of the two photo's, I seriously doubt whether it could be proved in a court of law that £45 is robbery! Good grief man, lighten up!

Mate I stepped out of this argument ages ago and I dont agree with most of the things irishfancier is saying but when you say you paid £150 EACH for 4 indians, that is ridiculous. That was someone taking advantage, there are pairs of indians sold at show auctions for as little as 2/3/4 euro, because they are very common now. If you are getting them again pm me and I will put you onto someone with them.

Guest beautyhomer

I have tried to keep out of this argument but it seems it is going to run and run so I might as well add my opinion.As a former exhibitor of GBH I know most of the breeders of this breed.I was chairman of the breed club for several years until it amalgamated with the other fancy homer clubs.I am on the NPA judges list for GBH so you could say I know what I am talking about more than anyone one else on this forum.

I suspect they originate from Ted on the Ilse of White(not the channel islands but close!!!!)as such I would be more than happy to buy them if I was starting up again.As for the arguement about what they have won at a show,most experinced fanciers will agree that good stock birds are worth more than show birds.Ted has some very good birds so that puts paid to the arguement that there are no good birds in his area.

If you have no experience of the breed I sugest you keep your opinions to yourself.They were going for anything up to £20.00 10 years ago.

[Mate I stepped out of this argument ages ago and I dont agree with most of the things irishfancier is saying but when you say you paid £150 EACH for 4 indians, that is ridiculous. That was someone taking advantage, there are pairs of indians sold at show auctions for as little as 2/3/4 euro, because they are very common now. If you are getting them again pm me and I will put you onto someone with them.] Clarkey1990

PMSL. So I got done then Clarkey, well it wasn't the first time, and i'm pretty sure it won't be the last! I went to the Doncaster Show several years ago, the Showman Fancy birds type of show, not the Doncaster Racing show. Showing pigeons is not my cup of tea, but each to their own! I fancied a change, and decided to go. It certainly is an eye opener, hundreds of different types of pigeons, weird and wonderful! I saw these beautiful White Indians, thought, some of them would look nice around the garden. Bought two pairs of the Best in Show winning fancier, couldn't tell you his name, but honestly, they were beauties. I thought, and still do, that i got value for money! These what I bought had won shows, he gave me rosettes and certs, they will be lying around the house somewhere. But i wasn't interested in that, just wanted them in the garden looking bonny! If i decide to get some more, (the four i had were killed in my recent loft fire), then i would certainly take you up on your offer of putting me in contact with the right people! Very much appreciated, thanks. I've actually been looking for some TIGERSWALLOW pigeons, can you point me in the direction of those??

[Mate I stepped out of this argument ages ago and I dont agree with most of the things irishfancier is saying but when you say you paid £150 EACH for 4 indians, that is ridiculous. That was someone taking advantage, there are pairs of indians sold at show auctions for as little as 2/3/4 euro, because they are very common now. If you are getting them again pm me and I will put you onto someone with them.] Clarkey1990

PMSL. So I got done then Clarkey, well it wasn't the first time, and i'm pretty sure it won't be the last! I went to the Doncaster Show several years ago, the Showman Fancy birds type of show, not the Doncaster Racing show. Showing pigeons is not my cup of tea, but each to their own! I fancied a change, and decided to go. It certainly is an eye opener, hundreds of different types of pigeons, weird and wonderful! I saw these beautiful White Indians, thought, some of them would look nice around the garden. Bought two pairs of the Best in Show winning fancier, couldn't tell you his name, but honestly, they were beauties. I thought, and still do, that i got value for money! These what I bought had won shows, he gave me rosettes and certs, they will be lying around the house somewhere. But i wasn't interested in that, just wanted them in the garden looking bonny! If i decide to get some more, (the four i had were killed in my recent loft fire), then i would certainly take you up on your offer of putting me in contact with the right people! Very much appreciated, thanks. I've actually been looking for some TIGERSWALLOW pigeons, can you point me in the direction of those??

This is the problem you were absoloutly robbed and you found it funny. Come on lad have some respect for yourself!!

No everyone is looking for them. This is the email for the NPA secretary, email her and she will put you on to someone.

tracey@edwardspm.fsnet.co.uk

[This is the problem you were absoloutly robbed and you found it funny. Come on lad have some respect for yourself!! ]

I don't see a problem, as i said in my original post, i paid what was quoted, because I felt it was a good deal. I don't feel i was robbed, i feel i got value for money, they were show winners, beautifull birds. Whether u or anyone else thinks otherwise is irrelevant to me! You pays your money, you takes your chance! I probably could have got indians cheaper elsewhere, the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing. But I got those particular Indians, as those were the very ones that i wanted. I got what i wanted, and was, and still am, happy with what i paid. Clarkey has kindly enlightened me and guided me to somewhere that i may be able to obtain some other types of birds that i am interested in. As far as respect goes, i try to respect everyone, particularly myself. So i say to you, come on lad, have some respect for others.

I fear that Irish Fancier is now directing his 'pent up' aggression on anyone he can in a vain attempt to show face..............

You are proving nothing by repeatedly trying to have the last say..............you're opinion my friend seems to shared by very few......

Thanks for de-railing what was in all fairness, a very simple thread...............

If in the future I want to buy some tip top - show quality and winning...top brass birds for peanuts, then I'll be sure to give you a call...............

see you at the beach son ;)

I fear that Irish Fancier is now directing his 'pent up' aggression on anyone he can in a vain attempt to show face..............

You are proving nothing by repeatedly trying to have the last say..............you're opinion my friend seems to shared by very few......

Thanks for de-railing what was in all fairness, a very simple thread...............

If in the future I want to buy some tip top - show quality and winning...top brass birds for peanuts, then I'll be sure to give you a call...............

see you at the beach son ;)

Theres two of ya's trying to take the last word there to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...

i received the german beauty homers that was the cause of some arguement in this thread,i had them on my doorstep at 9-00 am this morning,for £40 my money was well spent,beautiful birds and this is only thanks to WHITE RAPIDO MAN,thanks paul it was appreciated and you were not lying at about being decent birds,looking forward to next years breeding with them.                     ted

No probs Ted....................The hen is something else isn't she...with those blood red eyes...

I'm pleased you are happy with them.............

Great doing business with you..............please keep me informed on how yo get on with them please.....I was extemely fond of that pair!!!!

All the best........

and for those who doubted.................................................enough said ;)    

i received the german beauty homers that was the cause of some arguement in this thread,i had them on my doorstep at 9-00 am this morning,for £40 my money was well spent,beautiful birds and this is only thanks to WHITE RAPIDO MAN,thanks paul it was appreciated and you were not lying at about being decent birds,looking forward to next years breeding with them.                     ted
;) ;) i am also looking forward to youre breeding off them next year Ted  ;) ;) ....................               andy

Well lets hope they breed gold. Then you will get your value for money.

I purchased six pairs of german beauty homers last week myself as faith would have it. I seen a blue bar in a pen, the owner came along and i mentioned what a beaut it was, he took it out of the pen, said he was getting out of blues and gave it to me. When I explained I didnt keep them he sorted me out with 11 more, 6 which were carded in the show. What did he charge.....nothing, I threw him €20 to say thanks but there was no way he was excepting it. He is an old hand on the fancy scene and completely agreed with my argument here.

Because of his generosity he has brought many into the breed, and that lads has been my point on the matter.

And Davey B, whoever sold them indians, made some capital on you!!!

I've paid some silly money for Chickadees fancy pigeons, but thats life. If she wants them and I can afford them the I buy them.

Great when you become experienced or established hindsight becomes a wonderful gift

I think the general rule is at the start of the season when show birds are developing, breeders can demand high prices if they want "not all" by the way

At the end of the show season you can get some cracking birds for to start your stock as the established breeders sell off or give away their excess stock.

Well all I can give is my word, and i dont appreciate being called a liar. If you go to blackpool, you will see me there with them.

what..................passing someone elses birds off as your own in the show pen??

tut tut tut.............

I don't show birds......but I would be peeeed right off if I'd gifted 'carded' birds to someone, only to find that they've been banged in a show...with a view to competing with them.....

(perhaps this is what goes on in the show fraternity........ I dont know)

and you talk to me about morals..............

top move

yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

Everyone has to start somewhere and since he was giving me tips on getting them ready for shows I somehow don't think he's the kind of guy who worrys about getting beat. And speaking of passing birds of as your own, how did you start of? Most likely with crap(just like what your selling) but hey.....theyr'e your own, so well done. I must give you a lend of that morale horse you said I had.