help! hawk attack today

pigeonpete

hi all just a short one can any one help me please? had a pigeon attacked by a sparrowhawk today! has got him just near his underside near his feet think he will be o.k not bleeding much ,what the best thing to put on the wound to help it heal/stop it getting infected? thanks in advance

pete :'(

thanks for all the replys folks!

jimmy had a few taken last year have tried allsorts theres about 3 pairs locally minus! 1 ;) have nt had 1 taken since september but just let my guard down this week while i was pairing up!!  :(  dont know who was more frightened me or sam ( the pigeon) yes they ve all got names lol

do they heal and recover quite well?

pete :)

Guest speckled

ow sorry, to hear that pigeonpete, i used "Aloe Vera Gel"  whan it happened to me cleared up,quickly, well, no infection.& if that peck at the wound, aloe vera is natural,is swolled no harm done ah.Just a thought,Speckled :)

thanks for all the replys folks!

jimmy had a few taken last year have tried allsorts theres about 3 pairs locally minus! 1 ;) have nt had 1 taken since september but just let my guard down this week while i was pairing up!!  :(  dont know who was more frightened me or sam ( the pigeon) yes they ve all got names lol

do they heal and recover quite well?

pete :)

pete , sorry to hear that,

had one grabbed late last year, he was shaken for a few days, i took all the members advice & didnt let my birds out for a few weeks, as they were right,! HE WAS BACK nearly every day, when i did finally let him out he was ok, just keep em in for a while &   :o keep em peeled.

thanks speckled where do i get this aloe vera gel? would you fire the rocket every time before you let the bird out or just when you see them? the hawks are in view most of the time but dont usually bother when im watching them but as soon as i turn my back......like today bang!! :'(

Guest speckled

LOl mate ya get it from, any health shop,& with the rocket, i only release the rocket when the hawk appears,  &  hoovers over for a while, as thay get lower as tha are ready to stirke.  some say that the loud bang scares the bird, but na, mate thay are gratefull,in the end thay fly freely, as the hawk over shoots to another feeding ground, & mate i am surounded by woods.Speckled;)

as i said b4 pigeon pete, the bird will recover quickly, but phsycologicaly, maybe not so quick, pigeons never forget.and theres a lot of sense in what speckled says, ive used rockets, starting pistols, you name it, ive even used both together, anything to put the fear of death in them, it keeps them at bay for a while, untill they get there confidence back, then repeat it, when they appear again, thats only one way.but there are others.,,youll find speckled is not as daft as you think,ive found that out

the tubes easyer to put in yir trouser pocket and walk oot the shop without paying  

well again you get plenty of smiles from the girls at the checkout when its a spray can :D LOL