TauRIS - Attention Scottish Fanciers

Roundo

JUST SOMETHING I'V FOUND OUT TODAY THE MAXX MEMORY MODULE HAS NOT BEEN PASSED BY THE SHU  YET. :-/

This is called the memory module, which is already connected in the loft, and when you take your clock to the club the module will continue to record the birds arrival. Then when you returned all you do is connect your clock back up and this will record the birds that had arrived while you were at the club............simple.

This must be very similar to the Unikon system that you use??

I've had it confirmed through the SHU that the TauRIS Memory Module has been passed by them.

Just to clear up any doubts that TauRIS users may have.

Roundo.

Roundo

How are the birds ring numbers shown on the display screen of the clock with the Taurus, are they shown as the race n which they were entered or as trainers.

Never heard of the Benzing Line Bill,we had an Atis Top in WA and found it very satisfactory but now after using Unikon I don't think I would like to try anything else.

Never heard of the Benzing Line Bill,we had an Atis Top in WA and found it very satisfactory but now after using Unikon I don't think I would like to try anything else.

The Atis is one of the 3 Benzing line,it used to be the top of there line till they came out with the New M1, you can check them here

http://www.siegelpigeons.com/timers.html

Guest TAMMY_1

THE CHEAPEST PRICE OF A STARTER KIT FOR THE TAURIS SYSTEM IS £379 THEN IT MOVES ON TO £439 FOR THE NEXT STEP UP TO A SYSTEM WITH A QAUDRUPLE SENSOR,A MEMORY MODULE TO CLOCK THE BIRDS IN WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF A TERMINAL IS £100, A DOUBLE WOODEN ENTRY TRAP IS £24,EACH RING COSTS £1.20 AND THEN YOU HAVE A LIST OF NOT TOO CHEAP ACCESSORIES YOU NEED FOR THE CLUB. IT IS CHEAPER THAN THE UNIKON SYSTEM BUT  BEING OUR CLUB SECRETARY I HAVE SET UP AND SEEN  THE UNIKON IN ACTION AND FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN OF THE TAURIS I WOULD CHOOSE THE UNIKON SYSTEM IF I HAD TO CHOOSE.I AM NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN ETS AND NEITHER IS ANY OF OUR MEMBERS BECAUSE WE HAD THE CHANCE TO BUY IT WITH A GRANT WE GOT AND ALL MEMBERSWANTED TO GO WITH T3S CLOCKS.  

I've had it confirmed through the SHU that the TauRIS Memory Module has been passed by them.

Just to clear up any doubts that TauRIS users may have.

Roundo.

SHU TOLD ME TODAY MAXX MEMORY  MODULE HAS NOT BEEN PASSED :-/

SHU TOLD ME TODAY MAXX MEMORY  MODULE HAS NOT BEEN PASSED :-/

The  MaXX system was never passed in the first place by the SHU.

What we are referring to is the Memory Module that you connect to the Compakt System, which is approved.

If you were to ask the SHU about the Memory Module they will say that it's approved.

TauRIS MaXX is a completely different unit from the Compakt.

Hope this clears this small issue up with anyone that is using it or are intending to??

Roundo.

Was interested by the post on Benzing. Express by far the cheapest system I've come across @ £250 which is around the going price for a new battery STB. Benzing is a long standing pigeon timer manufacturer, yet its ETS system is still not passed by SHU.

So if the true market price is £250, 'Early adopters' of the current Unikon and Tauris systems are paying premium prices ... way over the odds. Would say the technology is on a par with TV remote control / supermarket checkout swipe technology, not exactly new and not exactly rocket science.  

And for flexibility and compatability, nothing seems to touch Bricon, which is reported to be capable of setting and handling all the existing ETS systems.

Quicker SHU passes more ETS systems, the faster prices will come down.

Bruno

From the expereince I have had with the Benzing Express I don't think it's worth the money they are asking for it.  It's probably so cheap because it's been somewhat of a flop in the States. So many activation keys it gets everyone confused. The Benzing Atis top and The Benzing M1 (I think that's the name of this latest model) are far better purchases but  more expensive.

Out of all the systems I have seen in action I would still put my money on Unikon

Guest TAMMY_1

TOTALLY AGREE HYACINTH,THE UNIKON IS EASIEST TO USE  BECAUSE I SET ONE UP FOR A DISABLED MEMBER IN OUR CLUB AND HE WAS THE ONLY MEMBER WHO USED THIS SYSTEM THE REST USED T3'S,EACH MEMBER HAS THEIR OWN CHOICE ON WHAT TO USE THERE IS NO RULE .