WINDOWS  98 AND ME

THE FIFER

AS FROM THE 11TH JULY 2006, MICROSOFT WILL BE SAYING BYE BYE TO WINDOWS 98 AND ME, U WILL NO LONGER GET ANY SUPPORT ETC, U WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE THEM BUT NO UPDATES OR ANY SUPPORT, SO TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT, I'M STILL WITH ME SO WILL HAVE TO DO SOME THINKING.

I'm not sure if Microsoft have been updating win98 for a few years now. I think it will be more that they wont support it with their new software releases (the new MS Office and Internet Explorer, etc).

Mind if your on a veteran 98 machine :P maybe its time for an upgrade :):)

Its either get a copy of XP upgrade disk ( not sure if it will upgrade from 98 ). Or get a new machine - there have been major increases in performance and security in the last 8 years, and I dont think prices have been lower than at the moment.

Another option if you want to get the most uptodate gear would be to wait until January 07 when Windows Vista comes out (the upgrade of XP).

The wildcard option would be dump Windows and get a Mac..lol :)

if you get a ugrade disk for win xp . all your original data will be saved when you install the new OS it will ask you if you want to UPGRADE or NEW INSTALLATION click UPGRADE all your DATA will be saved if you click NEW INSTALLATION all data will be lost and you will have a empty PC apart from the win xp OS

windows xp wil upgrade from all windows OS

http://www.pigeonland.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...