Y/B S NATURAL HEALTH

DRIES

Y/B NATURAL HEALTH IS A MUST I DON'T TREAT MY YB FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN  WORMS, IF I GET ONE THAT DIES , WHICH CAN HAPPEN I LEAVE THE CARCASE IN LOFT FOR 3 OR 4 DAYS , I AM ON   DEEP LITTER, I'VE NEVER HAD ANY OUTBREAKS OF COCCI OR CANKER  YOUNG BIRD SICKNESS ETC SINCE IVE DONE THIS , WHEN I MOVED 6 YEARS AGO I TOOK MY DEEP LITTER WITH ME AND THIS  IS STILL THE BASE OF MY PRESENT DEEP LITTER, DO YOU AGRREE WITH THIS. I THINK A SPOTLESS LOFT CAN CAUSE TROUBLE AS THE BIRDS HAVE NO CONTACT WITH BACTERIA ETC , SO THEY HAVE TO BE TREATED FOR CANKER ETC .

WHY DO YOU LEAVE THE DEAD BIRD IN ?

I BELIEVE THE BIRDS IN THAT SECTION WILL WALK AND PECK AT THE DEAD BIRD HELPING A NATURAL IMUNATITY  AND NATURAL RESISTANCE TO THE DISEASE THE BABY DIED FROM, NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE DOING THIS ONLY SUPER HEALTHY BABIES,  I KNOW OF SEVERAL FAMOUS FANCIERS DOING THE SAME. I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 20 YEARS

Y/B NATURAL HEALTH IS A MUST I DON'T TREAT MY YB FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN  WORMS, IF I GET ONE THAT DIES , WHICH CAN HAPPEN I LEAVE THE CARCASE IN LOFT FOR 3 OR 4 DAYS , I AM ON   DEEP LITTER, I'VE NEVER HAD ANY OUTBREAKS OF COCCI OR CANKER  YOUNG BIRD SICKNESS ETC SINCE IVE DONE THIS , WHEN I MOVED 6 YEARS AGO I TOOK MY DEEP LITTER WITH ME AND THIS  IS STILL THE BASE OF MY PRESENT DEEP LITTER, DO YOU AGRREE WITH THIS. I THINK A SPOTLESS LOFT CAN CAUSE TROUBLE AS THE BIRDS HAVE NO CONTACT WITH BACTERIA ETC , SO THEY HAVE TO BE TREATED FOR CANKER ETC .

omg  :X

I'VE NEVER HAD YOUNG BIRD SICKNESS THE BABIES ARE ON OPEN HOLE FROM 1ST LIGHT TILL DARK, THERE ON THIS UNTIL 3 WEEKS BEFORE 1ST YB RACE, IF I KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH THERE BABIES I'D ASK THEM FOR A BABY THEY HAVE CULLED AND I'D PUT THIS IN SECTION FOR 3 OR 4 DAYS, FANCIERS ALWAY REMARK ON THE QUALITY OF HEALTH OF MY BABIES, BUT I WOULD NOT ADVISE YOU TO TRY THIS AS MY BIRDS HAVE OVER 20 YEARS OF IMUNITY BRED IN THEM, I WOULD SAY MOST OF THE TROUBLE FANCIERS HAVE TODAY IS DUE TO ANTIBIOTIC ABUSE AND REPETATIVE TREATMENTS FOR CANKER COCCI ETC

. I THINK A SPOTLESS LOFT CAN CAUSE TROUBLE AS THE BIRDS HAVE NO CONTACT WITH BACTERIA ETC , SO THEY HAVE TO BE TREATED FOR CANKER ETC .

DRIES I MUST SAY THAT I AGREE ABOUT A SPOTLESS LOFT PROBABLEY WONT CLEAN MY YOUNG BIRDS OUT NOW UNTIL THE END OF THE YEAR WHEN I MOVE THEM INTO THE SECTION THEY WILL BE IN AS OLD BIRDS.ONLY THING I DO IS SCRAPE OFF THE PERCHES BUT THAT GOES ONTO THE FLOOR AND STAYS THERE.CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I TREATED MY BIRDS FOR ANYTHING.

Only thing said I'd object to was the dead bird. Wouldn't think DEFRA vet visiting loft would be too pleased either. Remember the race licence conditions.

ok i am guessing that deeeeeeeep litter is accepted in some parts but surely ure health should come first , i mean  365 days of pigeon poop on floor is gotta be smelling pretty foul ?????????????????????

base of my deep litter has been in lofts for 6 years which consists of cat litter ,beech chips ,auboise ,and lime , your house would smell worse than my loft rocknick no smell at all and loft is bone dry is yours, it's that dry stamp on floor and dust goes 3 feet in air,

Guest speckled
:o well i do agree that y/b neeed to build up a ammuine system,but leaving a dead carcuse of a pigeon in the loft, :o :o well not my way of dealing with the build up of the ammuine system Dries sorry. :-/ :-/ as we all no when a pigeion dies from no fault of it own the carcus is cold & stiff after an hour, well after 6 day what will start to eat away at the fleash,expecially if it been on deep litter,cant do you health any good either, :o :o Well what i call deep litter is the floor i personally leave the floor with tll he weekend  think 7 day of dropping seem to be enought for me.See why ya only treat for worms :-/ Just my opinon Speck. :X :X :X

:-/ from my health point of veiw i clean the birds out once a day, my dad suffered from pigeon lung really badly and he always blamed it on the fact he used to deep litter, i saw what he ended up like and i dont want to go the same way, having to be on oxygen 15hrs a day and not being able to walk far  :'( So my lofts are kept clean well ventilated and bone dry with a little help from some limestone floor powder  ;D As far as medications go the only thing my birds get is vaccination, and i still wear a mask at all times when with the birds just to be sure  ;)