Wiltshire Federation

markbrown

Any members of the Wiltshire Federation??

Have just relocated down to Woodlands St.Mary from St.Helens will be erecting a yb loft soon to get ready for next year.

Been in touch with local club "Wantage" (approx 10mile away) and applied for membership

I was told they race with Wiltshire Fed, anybody know a typical kind of race programme for young birds and what kind of area federation/member clubs it covers??

Hi Blackjack..

Do you have any contact details for secretary of B.I.C.C

what kind of programme do they race..

I am used to sprinting (the birds that is) down to portland (200m) on land then upto Fougeres/Rennes (390m) i am ok - but any distances thereafter normally get my *expletive removed* slapped!!

I know Portland will be what?? (60mile) from Hungerford?? so Fougeres/Rennes will be approx (250mile) - gonna take some getting used to??

Hello Mark ring the BICC secretary Jan Deacon on 023-9264-7762 she is very helpful. The BICC programme for the shorter flyers consists of 5 races to you from approx 190mls to 300mls you enter on the day so no pre-entry a week early and the cost at present is £1.75/bird so you do not lose out if a bird just isnt right on the day. You also mark at Wantage not having to travel far the 5 longer races starting from 530 mls to 670mls to you costs £8 for Marsaille,Dax Barcelona and Perpignan and £13 for Pau. Good luck Wantage is a nice friendly club and very competative also the Dax hens winner Dave Posey marks thier for the BICC he is a really nice man who flys a very small team very well.