Lier Market

markbrown

Is this market on every weekend??

Anybody know how to get there - please dont say by boat  :P :P ;D

Also anyone got directions to the natural breeding station

Looking at nipping over back end of this month, early next for a nosey, been promising myself a trip over for last few years but never got there!!

Anybody any tips on breeders who they have had success with??

Mark

Buy getting your pigeons from these places you are entering a lottery  and god knows what germs you will bring into your lofts, just my thoughts.

i would have thought whoever and whatever birds you bring in you are entering a lottery as one lofts level of immunity differs from the other i maybe wrong just something i was lead to believe. Also the fact of buying birds is a lottery as you dont know if winners are going to be bred or there going to race and be winners.

John Duthie from Dundee runs a bus every year he has had some great birds from there ive been once great day out but i lost the 2 birds i baught Nat. breeding is amazon dont miss it cant rember exactly how we got there finnished up on a bus back to antewerp great day out

I Have never been there myself, if i was purchasing from there would keep birds in quarantine away from other birds for a week or so, just to be on safe side.

i read a few reports on derby federation i see one fancier always has a bird doin well a lot of them from the market seems to be one of the lcuky ones or has a good eye for the winners.

Offcoarse you can get success from anywhere but i do believe that buying in ybs from lier may seem like a good, quick and easy way to get young birds it not really the may to select pigeons for a solid and successful future.

Again just my thoughts.

Now if i was Mark, moving to a new area and wanting to join clubs like the BICC, BBC, CSCFC i would look at local fanciers who are doing very well. Mark 3 people who live in your area and would help you build a much better future would Crawley & Green, Ernie Smith from Swindon and Paul Kendall from Wantage. Pay them a visit one sunday morning and im sure your future racing would start on a stronger foundation.

Stuart

Many thanks for all the comments and some good advice, much appreciated..

Not looking at buying a future from these places tho' just going on a visit.... :D

I have our own 12 x pair of stock birds which i brought down from St.Helens with me, the 1st round going back upto my dads and i will keep the 2nd & 3rd J, these have been sucessful in recent years upto 300miles and i am confident in their ability ;).

My good mate Kenny is breeding me the 2nd round from his stock and a couple of forum members (pigeon pete & mac1) are breeding me a few. Also will have some birds from the members of Earlestown FC  ;D

THE FUTURE LOOKS ROSY  :P

Guest anthony

You have to go to Antwerp than catch a bus to San Antonio,than catch a Taxi to the breeding center,you can go with a taxi from Antwerp but it is expencive.I believe that was the way we went.One Advise always phone before you go not to be disappointed,on holidays they close even Sundays.Hope this helps a little

Mr Wilcox gives some good advice you also have Dave Posey who lives at Begbroke his record with 18 pigeons is second to none. Dave doesnt sell but is worth talking to John Clarke at Clyffe Pypard is also a hell of a good flyer and a gentleman to boot. Try your own out first and give it 3 seasons then you will know what you have got then decide. I fly with Carterton so i will look out for you in  the Wantage results mind you are in a hell of a good club plenty of good flyers if you can win in Wantage you can win anywhere. Good Luck Mark