anyone peed off with unstamped strays?

ive had lots of unstamped birds in last few weeks, i cant see why some flyers find it a hardship to wingstamp/telephone ring their birds.

as its a strict rule to stamp ur birds,why are so many ,not doing it?

i report most birds to their owners and try to get birds that have come in worn out back on their feet and release them,just annoys me when they aint got any info on them..paul.

WE'VE REPORTED AT LEAST A DOZEN YOUNG BIRDS AND ONLY A FEW HAVE PICKED THEM UP OR EVEN RETURNED OUR PHONE CALL, IF THEY DON'T WANT THE BIRDS WHY BREED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

A YOUNG LAD COME UP TO BRUM TODAY FROM AYLESBURY TO PICK A BIRD UP THAT HAD BEEN HAWKED 180 MILE ROUND TRIP I'D GUESS PITY THERE ISN'T MORE KEEN FANCIERS ABOUT.  ::)

have mine stamped every year ,club fed me own fone nummer and never had one reported to me by fone ,but have had them through the stray centre so why stamp them when they cant even look and see they have a fone nummer on them ,just be like me and dont even let them in chase them  ;)

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS
WE'VE REPORTED AT LEAST A DOZEN YOUNG BIRDS AND ONLY A FEW HAVE PICKED THEM UP OR EVEN RETURNED OUR PHONE CALL, IF THEY DON'T WANT THE BIRDS WHY BREED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

A YOUNG LAD COME UP TO BRUM TODAY FROM AYLESBURY TO PICK A BIRD UP THAT HAD BEEN HAWKED 180 MILE ROUND TRIP I'D GUESS PITY THERE ISN'T MORE KEEN FANCIERS ABOUT.  ::)

ALL THE MEMBERS IN MY CLUB HAVE TRAVLED MORE THAN 20 MILES TO HAVE BIRDS PICKED UP THIS YEAR I GOT MY MUM TO DRIVE ME 35 MILE ROUND TRIP TO GET 1 PIGEON!

all welsh birds should be stamped , i do mine but you don't get many reported i've only had 5 birds reported since i started in 2004 and 1 of those was in hamburg,germany ,  i think that most fanciers think that they won't want it back and don't bother reporting it , i've reported about 6/7 birds in last 2 weeks and not a single one was wanted back ,1's from irland another is from poland ,2 from wales and 2 from essex area, i don't want to keep them myself but i realise that it's getting expensive to send birds so i offer to toss them closer to home for other fancier's

that doesnt seem to make a lot of sense does it why dont they want the birds wing stamped

dont know rose but its not allowed, when racing you have to wing stamp and if you want to put any of them in the national you must rub it off, the best way is put address rings on then you can take them off for the national

have mine stamped every year ,club fed me own fone nummer and never had one reported to me by fone ,but have had them through the stray centre so why stamp them when they cant even look and see they have a fone nummer on them ,just be like me and dont even let them in chase them  ;)

i have ure thoughts sammy ,but i have always reported them

i double rung my birds last year with id rings , name address mob number and home number  and wing stamped them , out of the 19 that went missing  notheing reported , out of the 20 lost in season thru racing  not a f,u reported so stop goin on about it ,NO ONE CARES  if i get my birds back or not , so long as they get theirs  (everlasting topic )

Guest TAMMY_1

its the same here rose the shu has a rule birds must be wing stamped but the snfc does not allow birds to be wing stamped.

and this is one of the problems fifer, u stamp them to race in the fed and what are u meant to do with them when u send them to a snfc race ? paint them over

it seems a bit backward not to allow wing stamps on national birds , wot is the point of having a rule then reversing it for the nationals,surely the nationals come under union scrutiny and must abide by union rules that all birds raced should carry identification markings?is it a rule in the scottish union that all birds should be carrying an info marking?...paul :)

Guest jason

yesterday we had 6 strays in, all gb 07 rung not one has a wing stamp and the rpra states that all birds must be wing stamped. so what do you do?.....report the owners to the rpra or just report the birds to find the owners?

jason

I always give the opportunity of the fancier who actually bothers to stamp them or an address ring to give them a call. Is anyone else out there gifted like me to have all these youngsters are off Fed and Combine winners grace your loft with there presence because the replies I get seem to be the same. Its always the case that they have no car to come and pick birds up or they are a pensioner or unemployed. What I don't like is the bad attitude some have and make out its your fault ringing up in the first place. :)

it would be interesting to know just how many reported birds are actually wanted back by the owners even if some do send for them just to comply with the rules

my opinion is that we should have a unwritten rule that we stamp them with a DR for dont report or a R for report

we personally report all birds that are wing stamped and it is so annoying to be asked if we can throw it up without them even asking the condition of the bird

this year we have reported 20 odd birds with only 2 being sent for

also i must admit that i have asked the reporter if they could keep it until fit and give it another chance to make it back on its own