corn prices

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale

Guest Greig the doo Drysdale

Went last week and bought my feed high speed was £9.25ish went back today for bits and pieces and the same stuff was upto £12.30ish what a shocking jump for so little feed. (It was Bucktons)

Sorry Fellows:  We're in for a rough ride with our birds!!!  Anything (grain ) that can be used for gasoline ethnol they are using.  Here in the US we've had a lot of rain and the farmers are late on their planting which means smaller yeilds .  It's going to get worse!  We have to cut down to our very best and are going to have to change the way we keep our birds ( numbers ).  Same for our show program birds etc.  

Sorry Fellows:  We're in for a rough ride with our birds!!!  Anything (grain ) that can be used for gasoline ethnol they are using.  Here in the US we've had a lot of rain and the farmers are late on their planting which means smaller yeilds .  It's going to get worse!  We have to cut down to our very best and are going to have to change the way we keep our birds ( numbers ).  Same for our show program birds etc.  

It's a strange world we live in now ?????????  :'( :'( :'( we are more interested in supplying grain to the petrol companies now, for fuel for our cars etc. While millions of people around the world are starving to death. Greed & politicians, what hope do we have, "Us peasants"  :P :P :P. Let alone !!!!!!!, our poor old pigeons.

Enjoy.

It's a strange world we live in now ?????????  :'( :'( :'( we are more interested in supplying grain to the petrol companies now, for fuel for our cars etc. While millions of people around the world are starving to death. Greed & politicians, what hope do we have, "Us peasants"  :P :P :P. Let alone !!!!!!!, our poor old pigeons.

Enjoy.

so true lennut    "greed and politicians    as the great robert burns said " mans imhumanity to man , makes countless thousands mourn"

why dont we all boycott one brand of corn untill they have to lower the price , then boycott another brand and so on

In theory  ??????? that may be possible Jonny  ;D ;D ;D what you say etc. But !!!!!!! it's a bit like all those theorys we have in this sport where in  ;) ;) ;) now. By the time we tried them all etc & reached the end, so to speak !!!!!!!! "LMFAO" We would be long dead I'm afraid.

Enjoy.

THE ROLL OF  DRUMS HAS STARTED! THE KNELL OF BELLS WILL FOLLOW. I FORESEE A 50%  DECREASE OF FANCIERS WITHIN 18 MONTHS.  I ONLY HOPE I'M WRONG!

THE ROLL OF  DRUMS HAS STARTED! THE KNELL OF BELLS WILL FOLLOW. I FORESEE A 50%  DECREASE OF FANCIERS WITHIN 18 MONTHS.  I ONLY HOPE I'M WRONG!

i dont think your far off the mark vic,,,,and the big sellers will up their prices , i would imagine ,, cant see the 6 for £99   in the future , the price of grub, the politics, the split ups of clubs and feds etc etc etc is chasing members away rather than attracting new members

Guest slugmonkey

we are already seeing fliers drop because of prices and I live in one of the richest producing regions in the world

BLAME THE ENVIROMENTALISTS NO NEW REFINERIES SINCE 1977 no oil shortage just a lack of refined gas !!!!! the farmers are paying nearly 4.00 a gallon for diesel and they are passing that on to us

i dont think your far off the mark vic,,,,and the big sellers will up their prices , i would imagine ,, cant see the 6 for £99   in the future , the price of grub, the politics, the split ups of clubs and feds etc etc etc is chasing members away rather than attracting new members

Jimmy, your etc's should have read ets's! Surely. Cheers, Vic.

Instead of moaning about the price just keep less pigeons. The first thing this sport needs to do is fill the transporter each week to cover costs; sprint racing week after week will do this, channel racing is not an option for regional feds, plenty of different avenues for those channel fliers. Small feds need to join together, forget prevailing winds, golden mile etc, fill the crates and help keep the cost of sending birds down.

If your racing each week up to 200m why need 40 birds? 12 cocks/hens is plenty to race with, only one bird can win. Distance fliers can use the fed to get their birds ready for the channel races, commensense over daft politics needs to prevail if we want to race in the future.

USED TO BUY MY CORN TO STOCK UP BREEDING DURING THE WINTER RACEING DURING BREEDING AND SO ON JUST CANT ANY MORE LAST TIME I WENT TO THE CORN SHOP HAD 4 BAGS OF CORN AND A FEW BITS CAME TO NEARLY SEVENTY QUID

black country grains sells country wide 4 seasons for £7.95 for a 25 kilo bag and teurlings 4 seasons 25 kilo for £8.50.they are both good corn.so thank mark evans for keeping your corn affordable.

Instead of moaning about the price just keep less pigeons. The first thing this sport needs to do is fill the transporter each week to cover costs; sprint racing week after week will do this, channel racing is not an option for regional feds, plenty of different avenues for those channel fliers. Small feds need to join together, forget prevailing winds, golden mile etc, fill the crates and help keep the cost of sending birds down.

If your racing each week up to 200m why need 40 birds? 12 cocks/hens is plenty to race with, only one bird can win. Distance fliers can use the fed to get their birds ready for the channel races, commensense over daft politics needs to prevail if we want to race in the future.

simple way to do that is make it £5 per bird  ;D [ittl never happen ;D] but fanciers would only keep the best , fewer ailments , more enjoment [rather than a chore] cleaner lofts , less gambling , prize money would go to the winners [not a pooler at the bottom of the result ;D] et etc,,,[and you send a mini instead of a transporter  ;D], dream on  ;D ;D ;D