Who's the best fancier in Wales?

Guest redwhiteblue

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest strapper

i think its fair to say that there are many obvious choices and so lets all agree to disagree on who should be named lol

i think wales has been blessed with many great names of racing.

there have been a lot if we want to go back beyond those that are racing now.

if i thought the question meant at any time past or present then surely alun would have to be mentioned in those greats.

along with taffy bowen etc.

Strapper you are playing on words, you could say Ned Rees was the greatest , there was no mention of all time. Because Alun is not currently racing you seem to be implying he can not currently be the best flyer, where's your logic there? He is alive and well and i it weren'tfor the hawks I have no doubt be winning out of turn at the highest level and at any distance. And by the way Alun and I aren't great buddis, my belief s totally based on his ability and a great respect for him.

And by the way I was priveleged to have an open invite to call in Taffy Bowen's at any time and as a pigeon fancier I actually think Alun is overtaking him. As  agreat Pigeon man Taffy was the greatest.

it depends how far back you want to go but dont think theres many better than the bale br &griffiths and channings and even ivor marshel who toook some beating in there days from thurso and lerwick

Guest strapper

Strapper you are playing on words, you could say Ned Rees was the greatest , there was no mention of all time. Because Alun is not currently racing you seem to be implying he can not currently be the best flyer, where's your logic there? He is alive and well and i it weren'tfor the hawks I have no doubt be winning out of turn at the highest level and at any distance. And by the way Alun and I aren't great buddis, my belief s totally based on his ability and a great respect for him.

And by the way I was priveleged to have an open invite to call in Taffy Bowen's at any time and as a pigeon fancier I actually think Alun is overtaking him. As  agreat Pigeon man Taffy was the greatest.

now albear with greatest respect ur putting words into my mouth(its you which is playing on words), im not on about alun or anyone ,ur reading it different to what im saying,alun which ive spoken to very recently(other day) on here is up there in my eyes.

im not implying anything and its only the way ur reading this.

this is turning into something which is so far turned from being an innocent question into what ur making into summut  by im implying something??..im truly have no idea what ur on about, as alun hasnt even entered my head as to the angle ur thinking.

please find that im serious when i say i havent a clue to what ur on about.ive the greatest respect for alun ,which i have spoken too about the birds i have, being of his blood.

as to this post ive had enough of explaining myself and will no longer explain any further , if you wish to turn this into some personal arguement then that will be down to yourself reading into something that is simply not in my mind.

so ill end my part in this thread so not to cause any unecessary problems. albear please do the same thanks..paul.

now albear with greatest respect ur putting words into my mouth(its you which is playing on words), im not on about alun or anyone ,ur reading it different to what im saying,alun which ive spoken to very recently(other day) on here is up there in my eyes.

im not implying anything and its only the way ur reading this.

this is turning into something which is so far turned from being an innocent question into what ur making into summut  by im implying something??..im truly have no idea what ur on about, as alun hasnt even entered my head as to the angle ur thinking.

please find that im serious when i say i havent a clue to what ur on about.ive the greatest respect for alun ,which i have spoken too about the birds i have, being of his blood.

as to this post ive had enough of explaining myself and will no longer explain any further , if you wish to turn this into some personal arguement then that will be down to yourself reading into something that is simply not in my mind.

so ill end my part in this thread so not to cause any unecessary problems. albear please do the same thanks..paul.

Strapper I haven't a clue who you are, so how I'm being personal I don't know. If you don't agree Alun is not the best I can happily accept that. However what you are doing is suggesting he can not be nominated because he does not fly currently. You are using the suggestion of a  personal attack as a parachute out of the debate

Guest john the body
What about the likes of Dunn Son and seal, Graham cooper, Mick and tracey Murphy, just a few welsh friends i have been introduced to since beginning, and friends of mine here in scotland have done realy well with.

the partionship lee and cooper, they won at all distances in the 80,s, and their pigeons are still winning at the highest level today in britain

the partionship lee and cooper, they won at all distances in the 80,s, and their pigeons are still winning at the highest level today in britain

Great fanciers who won from 60 to 600 mile with the Lefeabre Deahans (sorry about the spelling)

Gill Bros for me outstanding partnership smashed the Rhondda Valley Fed by 100 points this year 2008.

Overseas champions 08 ive asked many upon many of flyers they have all stated this has not been done together ever.

British Homing World middle distance champions 2007

Talking to Burt Dancock about this partnership magic was his words furthest flying loft in the whole of the welsh north road and the section and open results they had in wnr should have been impossible.

30 bird limit in their Rhondda Valley Club Penygraig con all other flyers racing in two clubs and still 100 points in front the best around at the moment

it would be easier to have called this thread :whos the best fancier in wales for 2008:

has it is everyone seems to have a different chioce and the list is endless

One other that has not been mentioned that springs to mind who has been at the very top for at least 4 decades is Alan Reed of Blackwood, top top man. What the question does demonstrate is the amount of outstanding fanciers there are. Another one is Kenny Darlington top drawer again.