dirty pigeon

Lighter fuel is very good for removing stains,just make sure that you place the bird in a well ventilated place afterwards because of the fumes,just use a few drops directly onto the stain and wipe gently.Make sure you don't smoke near it lol.

Guest TAMMY_1
lighter fuel may remove stains but would'nt use it on pigens ???

Why not ? I was surprised at the amount of people who were using it to clean birds at last year's Blackpool show and it worked great as far as I could see and it showed no affect on the birds.I  actually used it myself to get some small marks out the white feathers and it worked a treat and dries in seconds with no marks or anything showing up . I would definitely use it again if I take birds to any shows again to just make sure there are no small marks on the feathers after coming out the carrying basket

lighter fuel may remove stains but would'nt use it on pigens ???

I heard that using lighter fuel is common amongst the show fanciers, once a guy put too much on so he tried to dry it off near gas fire tha pigeon became a ball of flames, I think it survived but a bit grizzled :X So be careful

We had a few really mucky birds not that long ago, but, especially one in particular, they had been picking underneath the cars and one of them looked as if it had stuck it's head up the exhaust pipe it was black, It went about like that for the best part of a week, but I left it and after it having baths with just a little of milton sterelising fluid it's stains dissapeared and it's back to being white again. ;D

TV Programmes on cleaning wild sea birds after heavy oil spills make clear that its nothing stronger than ordinary household washing-up liquid thats used.

When I use a light oil on the grain to feed a probiotic, my birds head and faces get oil-stained, but its clean next day. So I reckon there's a natural self-cleaning process at work there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Freebird

I heard that using lighter fuel is common amongst the show fanciers, once a guy put too much on so he tried to dry it off near gas fire tha pigeon became a ball of flames, I think it survived but a bit grizzled :X So be careful

Ye no mean sizzled (evil)