Amtrak Not a nice sight!!

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

They have guidelines they must follow and following the problem we had after a driver hit a tree a memo was suposed to be sent out to all depots to remind them of there duty of care!

Clearly hasn't had any effect!

Phil

Alot of these memos just become a poster on the board and very little drivers read them, but the chain of comand have done the obligotary posting :-/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you will be banging your head against a brick wall trying to do them for any type of cruelty i have been there and nothing happend ,no one will admit to seeing any thing they just say the box was transported in a couple of different vehicles and dont know which one it happend in ,the blame lies with the so called governing body of ours it should put some of our hard earnd cash to good use and get our own retrieve and delivery service .in stead of giving it to all and sundry

i once tried to get amtrack to fit  wire baskets to the sides of their vans so the birds in boxes could be put out of arms way ,to mutch expence for them ,reported them to DEFRA about the way they transport birds with no ventilation in their vehicles and no system to feed and water over night ,they said it only applys to certain   live stock and pigeons was not one of them ,got peter bryant involved waist of time he is to frightend to upset amtrack in case they wont transport our pigeons any more ,whitch would probibly mean every body would demand a service so the RPRA would have to supply one.

Unfortunately, as far as I know amtrak are the only couriers who cover all Britain, and are willing to transport pigeons, so although there service is often unacceptable, if they were to stop transporting pigeons, what would we do? :-/

Agree, how ever, amtrak have us by the short and curlies :'(

Although it is Amtraks responsibility to deal with the things that go wrong, I think it is down to the individuals that handle the birds in the boxes, you never know one might even be a flying rat opinionist with no regards for pigeons and don't care a jot about how they are handled, I am sure due to the law of averages there will be a few that work for them :-/

as oldyellow said it looks like something has dropped on the box but i dont agree with his comments when he says 'sod the animals welfare, as i thought that was what this post was all about  as for getting a few free deliverys whats the point if your bird/s could end up like damians?  i know most of us rely on amtrak but there are other couriers such as the phantom flyer tel 01329 664433/07709913131 (who ive heard also feeds/waters the birds) and the pigeon express tel 07912 947743 but i dont know what areas they cover?   debbie

Guest chrisss

these are the areas that he covers

beds,berks,cheshire,derbys,dorset,east sussex,glocs,hants,herefoshire,herts,leices,rthants,tts,oxon,salop,

somerset,staffs,surrey,warwicks,westmidlands,westsussex,wilts,worcs, some destionations have a minimum 23 pound eg brighton,weymouth,crewkerne,burnley,blackburn,preston,hereford,

monmouth,shrewsbury,wrexham,south wales,and in side m25

i would strongly advise everyone to use this guy, i brought a bird from stu mallone, the bird was boxed in manchester and dropped of to me the same day [and for less that amtrak]if he cannot get the bird to you on the same day the birds are fed and watered until he can,the more people use him the bigger he can get, amtrak do not care ,why should they no one else will touch livestock

• 3 weeks later...

I HAD SOME BIRDS DELIVERED THIS MORNING THROUGH AMTRAK MY WIFE RANG ME TO LET ME KNOW ALL WERE OK BUT THERES 9 (ONLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 5) THEY HAD PUT A LABEL OVER WHERE THE 4 SHOULD HAVE GONE (BOSTON LINCONSHIRE) WERE IN WEST YORKS RUNG THEM UP THEY SAID IT WASNT ANY FAULT OF THEIRS I HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE OWNER WHO HAS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE BUYER TO ARRANGE FOR PICK UP YET AGAIN WHAT A LOAD OF BULL AMTRAK ARE ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM ???? IT REALLY MAKES ME(puke)(puke)(puke)(puke)

quality service then don't want to know when something goes wrong, ring Nicki Long

Regional Account Manager

Tel 01922 744474

mob 07711 450176

nicki.long@amtrak.co.uk

Point out its there mistake and they should be ringing the sender/depot/buyer etc to sort and not you!

Phil

Guest mikkey

amdeliveries....15 birds from surrey to huddersfield(w yorkshire) $43.50 hows that for a good deal, would have been £57.50 with amtrak, although im not getting the birds till saturday but if they turn up ok then ive got myself a new courier :) :) :)

Guest mikkey

am deliveries phone number 01513551533 also you can send them an email amdeliveries@hotmail.com ask for mandy they are very helpful