heart for home

weirbridge

i moved from north yorkshire to peterhead and took some birds with me mostly 2009 youngbirds . trying to settle some of the young cocks i had a little hen who had broken half her wing flights in wires so was only carrying 6 flights in one wing i thought this would be a good one to help settle the cocks by letting her walk around outside, how wrong i could of been the hen managed to fly up to the roof and then took flight followed by the young cocks. one hour later the cocks returned and i managed to get them in. the little gutsy hen managed to fly all the way back to north yorks and enter the garden shed that still remains in the garden and is now being looked after by my sons girlfriend who managed to catch her and take her home until my son gets down to pick her up. first time she has ever handled a pigeon too. a brave little pigeon worthy of her space in the loft now im sure.

thats the joy of pigeons mate there got strong hearts mate they try there almost best to get back home this time it was were she was born all the best with her mate.

all the best.

i moved from north yorkshire to peterhead and took some birds with me mostly 2009 youngbirds . trying to settle some of the young cocks i had a little hen who had broken half her wing flights in wires so was only carrying 6 flights in one wing i thought this would be a good one to help settle the cocks by letting her walk around outside, how wrong i could of been the hen managed to fly up to the roof and then took flight followed by the young cocks. one hour later the cocks returned and i managed to get them in. the little gutsy hen managed to fly all the way back to north yorks and enter the garden shed that still remains in the garden and is now being looked after by my sons girlfriend who managed to catch her and take her home until my son gets down to pick her up. first time she has ever handled a pigeon too. a brave little pigeon worthy of her space in the loft now im sure.

we just dnt know how hardy these birds can b but goes 2 show they got guts 2 do that wi half  wing but best ov luck wi her like u said she deserves her place in the loft  ;)

We had a young bird last year that turned up after 6 weeks, her breast had been ripped apart and healed into a lump.

Unfortunately she went missing on a training toss this year, maybe she will come home one day .