do not clear

sher

If they're getting released in decent weather and still taking time to clear I feel they may have an underlying health problem. Do they look in any way distressed when they get home?

hi mate,dont seem to be anything amiss, when i get home there all in the in there nest boxs showing up to one another,then i separate them, droppings look fine,its the flying around for 10 min or more that baffles me, but when they set off for home 30 miles so do i but they are always back before me takes me 30 to 35 min to get home :(cheers

see when you say do not put them in the boot of a car how do you get them to the club for a race or to the transporter for a toss

Lets be clear what kind of boot I was talking about; in the pic, the car on the left ;

I think most modern car boots are like the car on the right, they open out.

It's shank's pony for me - I was born into the poor branch of the family.  :)

Think you need to look at the way you transport the birds to the training point. If its a closed car or worse still a closed darkened boot, lack of light and / or ventilation may be at the root of the problem. In my experience birds allowed to sit in the basket for 10 minutes at the lib point usually clear quickly, a half turn in the sky and they are off for home. The only other time that my birds have not cleared, there's been something in the sky on the road for home that's put them off. If it's the same training point, you have may have stumbled into a hunting ground, I'd move to another location and see if there is any improvement.

hi mate,thanks good point,cheers

see when you say do not put them in the boot of a car how do you get them to the club for a race or to the transporter for a toss

hi mate,ive got a small trailor about 6ft be 4ft it will hold about 120/150 birds it has very good air vents,cheers

I know this is against what many say, but when you get to lib point get the birds straight out, dont wait with them! Honest to god was told this many years ago and it works, when birds are used to it they dont even circle! I suspect you need good birds too!

hi mate,good point, yes good birds do make a differance,takes time to get a good teem together,cheers

used to transport my birds in the back of a van,it had no light getting in to them as it was boarded up behind the seats and no windows on the back, total darkness, was the best season i had, 13 firsts and birds used to clear right away

Could be a number of reasons but if it's happening regular I need to agree with a couple of comments in that there is probably underlying problems. They may look fine but they are simply not. How far are you taking them and how long do they take

would tend to agrre with this point how far and how long to return is a factor

do you train from the same spot daily?if so, they should do 1/2 a turn and be gone.

if there not theres summat deffo wrong

What system are you racing the pigeons on?

hi mate, at the moment, well for the past two weeks training 5 days/30miles ive got the hens (17)trapping to the cocks section i release the hens 1st then 30min later release the cocks (17) so the hens will be waiting in there boxs,then i separate them after 15 min, so the only time they see each other is when they get back from training, am i doing everything ar.sebackards?cheers

hi mate, at the moment, well for the past two weeks training 5 days/30miles ive got the hens (17)trapping to the cocks section i release the hens 1st then 30min later release the cocks (17) so the hens will be waiting in there boxs,then i separate them after 15 min, so the only time they see each other is when they get back from training, am i doing everything ar.sebackards?cheers

I would tend to train one sex one day the other the next and see if this makes a difference, have their mates waiting for them in their boxes.

Have you try letting them go in 2's and you can see what birds are not getting off .

hi mate,yes most of the birds on differant days have been singled up or in 2s over the last 2 weeks and seem to clear better,cheers

Yes, I would say it would be more beneficial especially for yearlings.

hi tony,thanks for your time,will have to see how it goes another weeks training yet before the big kick off on the 17th all the best mate for 2010 season,cheers