Jack Barkel - Eyesign

Jack Barkel

Jack

I have been down many roads regarding eye evaluation,most have something to offer,some more than others,depending on whom you are studying,but I do find your five circle evaluation easily the complete package of all systems I have studied and also find it very benifical in improving my knowledge of birds whilst improving breeding/performance and I would like to say thanks for printing same,for all to see,in such a basic easily defineable manner,and hopefully you will keep imparting your knowledge, once again many thanks Jack

i could not say it better merlin,,,theres something here for all to learn who wants to !!!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Fanciers,

I would like to say thank you to those who have expressed their interest and have given me encouragement on this thread.

My material on this subject is soon coming to a close, but I have over 60 years experience in many fields of pigeon keeping. When these articles come to an end, I will still be here to answer questions and to discuss anything to do with racing pigeons.

May I thank you once again for helping to make this thread a success.

Kindest Regards To All,

Jack Barkel

The Very Best.

Well,! you may ask do they get any better, and I will say yes, but only about one step further up the ladder. When one lookes into this eye and starts to look for faults, even to the trained observer it is hard to know where to begin. This bird will breed stock pigeons and winners like they are going out of fashion. We can found a stock loft around this pigeon that will hold its own against all comers. This is not the every day pigeon you will find in any loft.

I am looking for these myself and would never hesitate to introduce a bird of this quality. All the characteristics we have discussed up until now are there, not so clearly defined between Nine o clock and Six o clock, but never the less still there in all its glory.

Learn from this eye for I cannot fault it other than the small quarter of definition on the iris, which I have just mentioned.

Thanks Jack and I for one am looking forward to gleaning from your experience in pigeons,as one of my Teachers informed me  long ago " A good pupil listens if he wishes to learn" I am still capable of learning,and like many more still listening.

"listens,wishes.learns" good words merlin,,,lets hope we can do all these with jacks vast knowledge !!!

keep up the superb articles jack,the pics are worth a million words !!!!

best regards

ted

Jack where was the best eye you ever saw

Who's loft had the most overall good eyes you have ever visited

Hello Slugmonkey,

In your own country some of the best eyes were at:-

Steve & Linda Joneli, Red Rose lofts, Portland -Oregon.

The late John Garzoli- California. Sions.

The late Dale Flemmer-Arlington-Washington. Grondelaars.

The best eye I ever saw, I bought on a sale by using a person who lived 500 miles away to bid for it for me. I would have never have got the pigeon and its father if people knew I was after them. They both founded my South African Slimme family.

Regards

Jack

Guest slugmonkey

I belive we have some of those Grondeliers we bought 3 stock birds from End of the Trails loft and I belive they are related these birds won a lot in the minnesota area

The My Choice Eyes.

The eyes illustrated below, are the ultimate in what we are trying to achieve, it takes years of selection and breeding to produce these eyes with any regularity. From a pairing of these opposite eyes together, I would expect to produce a minimum of eighty percent top pigeons. This is no mean feat, considering that the average statistics throughout the world is as low as seven percent, for producing high rated pigeons. I put this down to the fact, that the majority of fanciers throughout the world have not had access to writings and illustrations such as this, or are hard to convince that a system like this truly pays dividends.

I have letters and testimonials from various parts of the world as to the success rate of this method of selection and breeding. I have improved on several popular strains that attracted my interest, and have founded my own strain based on these principals discussed here. In fact mine is the only strain developed in the last 100 years or more to have its own genetic reference. Because of these facts, this system must have lots of credibility, and I feel should be checked out as to its credibility by putting a portion of your stock loft on this system.

I have been concentrating on perfecting this method of selection and pairing to give maximum results for years, and feel, that it is time to make my findings available to the fanciers that will find these methods intriguing. I am sure that in the future when the words eye sign becomes old fashioned and frowned upon, and fanciers realise that some of us have practiced Iridology for years, that the whole concept towards this art will change and even progress to greater heights.

Unfortunately by then I do not think I will be around to see these changes, however I would like to think that I will be remembered  as one of the pioneers of this day and age that made an all out effort to make a difference.

If interested parties print out these articles, they will have a booklet that will assist them on the subject for many years to come.

This is the conclusion of the system as I know it to be, and I thank all interested parties for their interest and encouragement.

jackbarkel@mweb.co.za

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/jackbarkel

Again many thanks Jack for posting your finding,it has been enlighting, informative,educational,for those of us interested in building our selection criteria along these lines,and as hopefully it remains in archives it will continue to do so for any newcomer with similar interests,would you consider a thread of fanciers/birds eye for evaluation with your interrapation of same,with those that have rescources to post ,sadly I dont have camera or expertise for same,as yet,but I am sure there are many that do,and as the old adage says " A picture tells a thousand words" just a thought,dependant on your time,and input of others,again sincere thanks  

hello jack,re;last eye pics

is there any chance of enlarging the last pics individually so,i and others possibly,could look at them in more detail,if,not too much of a problem for you ?  thank you !!!

merlin,,your words could not be better put about jack and i agree 100% with you and i too personally thank you too jack,it sure has been an enlightening and much thought article to my knowledge for further gain in this field of eyes !!!

best regards

ted !

Hello Ted,

I thank you and Merlin for the kind replies, I can put them on seperately, but if you click on the collage it will bring them up a larger size, which has a little block to click on at the bottom. Click on that block and you will bring it up to full page size.

Regards

Jack

Hello All,

I have been away since Friday to the North Transvaal evaluating pigeons. During my visit I came across a Star Cluster eye, the owner is Willem van Rensburg of Groblersdal.

It was such a beautiful example of such an eye, that although I did not have all my photographic equipment with me, I did manage to get a reasonable photograph of this eye.

I put it on here for everyone's perusal.

Regards

jackbarkel@mweb.co.za

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/jackbarkel/

hello jack;question

does it make any differance to size of star cluster to make one bird better than another,eg;if star cluster is big,would the quality of bird be better for stock loft compared to one with a small star cluster ?

Hello Ted,

I believe that no matter the size of the star cluster, it proves that the bird has an exceptional foundation circle, which is the Correlation. They are all equally highly prized to me. Although it is rare to find a one of the preportions photographed this last weekend.

Regards

Jack

Jack what would your evaluation of above eye be, and expectations,in breeding loft,be grateful if you might post same,if occassion arises. Thank You

Hello Merlin,

Although it is a beautiful Cluster, which I would, like to own myself, it has a fault, that the adaption is twice as broad as the fifth circle. Therefore I would rate it a Yellow Clear, The Very Best. However paired to a pearl eye My Choice 100% Super Imposed rating, I would expect up to 80% success rate from such a pairing in the stock loft.

Regards

Jack

Many thanks Jack,same thoughts as regards fifth circle/adaption,didnt know but it might be due to possibile angle of photograph,all things being equal Jack whats the first circle your eye is drawn to when evaluating eyes,mine is fifth,always for some  reason first I examine,just my opinion many thanks again for such a prompt reply.

Many thanks Jack,same thoughts as regards fifth circle/adaption,didnt know but it might be due to possibile angle of photograph,all things being equal Jack whats the first circle your eye is drawn to when evaluating eyes,mine is fifth,always for some  reason first I examine,just my opinion many thanks again for such a prompt reply.

Hello Merlin,

I first look to see if the pupil contracts, if not I look no further. If it does not have a fifth circle then although it will race, it has no place in the stock loft.

Regards

Jack

Jack do star clusters exist in bad eyes or does the cluster over ride the circles ?

Hello Slugmonkey,

Although the cluster overides other discrepancies in the eye when I am selecting, I do like to peferably see a Star Cluster with a good balance of the five circles.

I have not seen a Star Cluster in an eye I would normally reject.

Regards

Jack