what do i feed young birds ???????

steve.

please can u guys give me some advice as to  what to feed my young birds ??  

they r being trained well and quite hard they have not bad body to them raced today and was a little behind  they didnt seem to have the fire in there eyes !! im feeding quite a heavy breeding mix at the mo .... cheers

Guest slugmonkey

In OB's this year I upped my protien to around 35% and did phenonominal ( won 12 races  and broke 2 speed records and had #1 Ace bird in my loft category in the Nation ) I will be trying the same thing in YB's this year I increased the amount of peas and also added Hemp and sunflower hearts I mix about 30% corn with 30% peas, 10% hemp, 10% milo, 10% sunflower hearts, and 10% safflower  to this I also add infant formula, occasional calf manna, stockade minerals, brewers yeast, and several diffrent health mixes I use all of these OCCASIONALY  and mix them on feed at same time using peanut oil  

In OB's this year I upped my protien to around 35% and did phenonominal ( won 12 races  and broke 2 speed records and had #1 Ace bird in my loft category in the Nation ) I will be trying the same thing in YB's this year I increased the amount of peas and also added Hemp and sunflower hearts I mix about 30% corn with 30% peas, 10% hemp, 10% milo, 10% sunflower hearts, and 10% safflower  to this I also add infant formula, occasional calf manna, stockade minerals, brewers yeast, and several diffrent health mixes I use all of these OCCASIONALY  and mix them on feed at same time using peanut oil  

you have just made my little brain go bang ! is there a mix u can get out of the shops like that ??

A lot seem to be swearing by Gerry plus and then adding protien as the races get longer, but I would just go with a good youngbird mix. If they start flying less then lighten it with either some depurative or barley.

Phil

Guest milkyal
A lot seem to be swearing by Gerry plus and then adding protien as the races get longer, but I would just go with a good youngbird mix. If they start flying less then lighten it with either some depurative or barley.

Phil

mine wont eat that Gerry plus  :)

cheers guys ive got some gerry plus today and have mixed 3 parts to 1 part breeding mix they seem to clear it but have left some of the micro pellets prob because they r not used to them .. they will eat em when there hungry !

will give this a try for a few weeks

cheers guys ive got some gerry plus today and have mixed 3 parts to 1 part breeding mix they seem to clear it but have left some of the micro pellets prob because they r not used to them .. they will eat em when there hungry !

will give this a try for a few weeks

Guest chrisss

gerry plus during the week [with some hemp just a little bit]peas after a good fly which i class right or wrong as being at least an hour,which i mix with the gerry plus]also mix sunflower hearts in with the mix,no idea if it works when racing i never got that far this year thanks to god knows what when training but god they did fly around on it