Lofts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi speight im in crewe in cheshire and my loft is near farmers house and we rent 2 acres there my wife got 2 horses there aswell so its pretty cool just started with ybs last season and i propped the result up every week!! mine were walking back lol ;D :'( but cant wait for april 2 come to try and redeem myself!! ha getting a new loft aswel soon if i can find one second hand if not will get a new 1 for this years ybs howl ong you flown speight?

pete

hi speight im in crewe in cheshire and my loft is near farmers house and we rent 2 acres there my wife got 2 horses there aswell so its pretty cool just started with ybs last season and i propped the result up every week!! mine were walking back lol ;D :'( but cant wait for april 2 come to try and redeem myself!! ha getting a new loft aswel soon if i can find one second hand if not will get a new 1 for this years ybs howl ong you flown speight?

pete

Hello Pete,

Good luck for 2006.................................and I will send you a pm, mate......

im in crewe and my loft is near farmers house and we rent 2 acres there my wife got 2 horses there aswell so its pretty cool just started with ybs last season cant wait for april 2 come

Sounds like the next-best set-up to the back garden, Pete. At least you and the wife can still be together and still share seperate interests. Best wishes for 2006 and good luck with the birds and the horses.  ;)

Shelbin

There was a similar situation with the allotments in Ryhope, Sunderland several years ago, the flyers enrolled they help of the Local Member of Parliament and the lofts were saved, if my memory sserves me correctly one of the crees had been there for generations and eventually it was listed (I think) a Grade 2 listed building.

Perhaps you should get in touch with someone from The Rhyhope fling Club who may be able to put you on the right tract to keep your allotments.

If my memory serves me correctly (again) a lot of these allotments in mining areas were given my the Colliery owners early in the 1900's so that the pitmen had some open space for outdoor recreation after working long hours at the pit face.  Even though coal mining is a thing of the past, the land is still used as out door recreation and not a spot for some spec builder to take away from them.

Maybe a good old fashioned "Tidy up" and coat of paint would work wonders

Just my opinion

Yes there is a grant we have just applied for in our club (oddfellows hs is hendon sunderland)called the coalfeilds re generations trust,we can apply for anything up to £10.000 to benefit tidying up our club etc.

hyacinth did you fly in ryhope before as its only up the road from me

• 9 months later...
Have you got lights fitted into yours craig?? That was the best thing about having the lofts in the garden - having lights in winter  :).

Yes i have lights in all my lofts,,, YBs, Old birds, and Stock birds lofts...  :)