widowhood cocks

kev43

my widowhood cocks were racin on sunday al returned well apart from 1 missin,,i kept them in yesterday morn and let them out just to stretch and play about ,,thinkin they wud only fly about 10 or 15 mins,,but they flew for an hour not all but best part,,,let them out this mornin closed doors for half n hr then opened them up thinkin they would drop,,but no they flew for an hour,,,then tonight did the same but for 35 mins this time and some flew for an hr n a half n 1 cock flew for nearly 2 hours,, no flags used this season so far am wondering if am doin summit wrong but cant put my finger on it but way they goin they goin to burn them selves out b4 weekend comes around are they doin too much at home and not on race day any suggestions wud b a help lads n lasses,,,ps nva had cocks do this b4 and now am really gettin worried  ;) many thanks in advance

na m8 they get hi protein mix sat main feed sunday monday tuesday then carbohydrates mix wed thurs and friday mornin only nothin from 1

try adding a percentage of barley to there feed till wed tea time then hopefully you will have more control early in the week of there exercise ;)

Guest frank dooman

you have it right the race is just starting to bring on a bit of form just keep doing it and watch the 1 that flew for 2hr hes your pooler for sat but dont let them out on frid at all

try adding a percentage of barley to there feed till wed tea time then hopefully you will have more control early in the week of there exercise ;)

they still hungry when they drop m8 mayb its got summit to do with the loft changed we took half the roof off and put corrugated plastic up mayb it the sun and plenty light gettin in2 loft as there wasnt b4 hand was always dark n dinghi ;)

you have it right the race is just starting to bring on a bit of form just keep doing it and watch the 1 that flew for 2hr hes your pooler for sat but dont let them out on frid at all

they came well last sunday frank in a head wind just a few mins behind and only 1 training toss ov 20miles so mayb when they get the system ov widowhood in2 their heads they could have potential as they nearly all yearlings  ;)

kev are you saying they are flying longer now than before the 1st race????

no frank they were like that b4 race thats why they only had 1 transporter training toss cos they been exercising well since i split them m8 ;) they were doin ova an hr morning and night b4 the 1st race without flags where as every1 else is flagging their birds

Guest frank dooman

it sounds to me they  are just staring to get the idea about the system and i think your feedind is bang on well for me anyway give them another 2 weeks and they will  be 1st class

soo 50/50 hi pro and barley ?

i certainly wouldnt want them flying themselves out during week id give them 50 / 50 till wednesday good grub all day thursday  ;)

hahaha now am confused even more now but thx lads for ur comments  ;)

just do what you thinks correct if it turns out wrong then your to blame,thats the best way to learn off your mistakes.every fancier do different things some will work some wont but how many will admit to the wrong thing JMO good luck kev mate

just do what you thinks correct if it turns out wrong then your to blame,thats the best way to learn off your mistakes.every fancier do different things some will work some wont but how many will admit to the wrong thing JMO good luck kev mate

yea cheers mac m8  ;)

I think that one reason why widowhood cocks are so good, is the fact that they can exercise so well. This makes them very fit. My own cocks fly for at least an hour morning an evening right now, with the exception of two. The thing I like best is when they get right up high and disappear into the distance.

In regard to them tiring themselves for the weekend is concerned, I would not let them out on the Friday. Just let them rest. That does the trick for me.

I think that one reason why widowhood cocks are so good, is the fact that they can exercise so well. This makes them very fit. My own cocks fly for at least an hour morning an evening right now, with the exception of two. The thing I like best is when they get right up high and disappear into the distance.

In regard to them tiring themselves for the weekend is concerned, I would not let them out on the Friday. Just let them rest. That does the trick for me.

yea owen mine go away as a team and come bk 1 by 1 from different directions clapping and  boating around ( like a golf ball in the crop ) then goin away again  ;)

the feeding is all wrong in my eyes they getting to much good grub this is why you got no controll over them did they do any good in race last sat ?????

no but nva had much training and was their 1st race and 95% are yearlings  ;)

kev43, what ever you are doing, you should keep doing. It is fairly unusual for the cocks to be in that sort of condition at this time of the year. I hope you do not mind me saying, but do not show the hen too much, it would spoil what you have built up.

kev43, what ever you are doing, you should keep doing. It is fairly unusual for the cocks to be in that sort of condition at this time of the year. I hope you do not mind me saying, but do not show the hen too much, it would spoil what you have built up.

i only put hen in for about a minute on a basket day nva any other time owen  ;)