see pic...  how are the droppings looking

Not good, have another look first thing in morning, so many different things happen during the day, those might be droppings from a young bird thats just come from a trainer, the timber underneath looks like you have a problem with cocci though, you always get a better idea first thing in morning though.

Guest HighSpeedLofts

could be a number of things wrong not just cocci.

yes could be but it could just be cocci aswell i would personally treat them for cocci if all there droppings where like that have they been eating moss off the house roofs

Guest HighSpeedLofts
do you have house roofs with green moss on the tiles, for some reason young birds love it and it gives them the scourse

yes my birds where picking it off the roof it changed there droppings sort of like the ones in the pic but now they have done a lovely job of the roof and there droppings look good enough to eat

yes my birds where picking it off the roof it changed there droppings sort of like the ones in the pic but now they have done a lovely job of the roof and there droppings look good enough to eat

it does effect the birds, sometimes their whattles are off colour and does them no good, could never understand why they like it,

Guest HighSpeedLofts

it does effect the birds, sometimes their whattles are off colour and does them no good, could never understand why they like it,

they just like cleaning the roof i think i had to go up the other day and clean the rowings out it was full of the moss they had picked off had to do the neighbours aswell to stop her moaning

Guest HighSpeedLofts

strange how it could affect them in that way fifer, moss is a staple diet to some animals

apart from changing there droppings for a few days it didnt make the birds sick just the droppings

Guest slugmonkey

looks more like adeno or E-Coli to me but maybe stress or sometimes they just have bad droppings ??

are they all this way or are these the only ones

any other symptoms like being thin or lethargic I would give cider vinegar and probiotic if only droppings bad

are they eating something like wheat that will make droppings bad or supplements like elderberry

I wouldnt fly off handle and panic if only one or two birds bad

Guest HighSpeedLofts
looks more like adeno or E-Coli to me but maybe stress or sometimes they just have bad droppings ??

are they all this way or are these the only ones

any other symptoms like being thin or lethargic I would give cider vinegar and probiotic if only droppings bad

are they eating something like wheat that will make droppings bad or supplements like elderberry

I wouldnt fly off handle and panic if only one or two birds bad

nothing like panicking him it could be e-coli if the birds look ok and handle ok  dont panick

strange how it could affect them in that way fifer, moss is a staple diet to some animals

yes, but know a few who have had problems with it, its cuased by the rain running off lead, its on parts of the roofs running down from the chimney stack where the lead is, newer buildings have copper to stop this, so it could be something to do with the lead,

Guest HighSpeedLofts

now now calm down and why should i get my droppings tested there fine and so are my birds its a process of elimination if it dosent clear up after treating them for cocci then try something else but if you have more money than sense which i presume you have then get a vet in everytime you get watery droppings

get a testing kit of everything for pets it will be cheaper thn buying a microscope and training as a vet now whos talking nonsense

contact david parsons at the following website. He one of the uks top pigeon vets and runs courses on microscope usage. One of the best spent saturdays i've ever had.

http://www.ukpigeonvet.co.uk/

No need to ever blind treat again.

Theres also lots of fantastic books on the market.

colin walker, wimm peters, david palmer etc.

Take advice from the experts thats the only way forward.

Guest slugmonkey

Are these dropping excessively smelly this too could be an indication

I know some on here think their dropping smell of roses !!!

The microscope is the fanciers best friend, Buy one, get on a course and learn to use it correctly, its the best thing you will ever do.

were would u get on this course,

if you remeber your science lessons at school you should have a basic understanding about how a microscope works , other information can be gained "online" google, i would recomend a binocular as opposed to a monocular vision microscope , dyes used for highlighting specifics can also be bought on line ,the maximum magnification you would need would be X1200 oil immersion , most test can be conducted at this magnification and of course suspected samples can be sent for culture ,.

Guest slugmonkey

no pigeon vets close by the time you get droppings there and test results its too late

prevention is the key

probiotics and cider vinegar !!!

Guest HighSpeedLofts
no pigeon vets close by the time you get droppings there and test results its too late

prevention is the key

probiotics and cider vinegar !!!

no let him take his time getting tests done by the tie he gets the results his hut will be full of sick birds