fret marks

pidge 1

So are you saying the only time they miss a feed is when growing the first two flight? The fret marks are on the first two flights long before the cock is driving then hen back to nest. Do summer bred young birds not miss a feed? Why do single reared not have fret marks do they not miss a feed.

what iam saying is that in my loft i have never seen y/birds in the nest with fret marks single or double reared what i will say is that some fanciers produce very good quality y/birds and some dont ive seen this when they were sent to 1 loft races thease people have paid allot of money to enter and then send y/birds that should go in the thing that sits at the back door i know that might upset some but its the truth

yes frank i agree you wont loose a youngster when the racing is easy when ever they get it on there snoot froom approx    130 mls they drop like skittles its just by breeding off every bird in loft if the youngsters are no good off a pair one year you dont breed from that pair again and put a big question mark against sire and dam the following year with different mates after that if no good  in bucket or race out you wont win nothing with a piece of paper called a pedigree i would rather have a fret mark knowing the bird is of sound breeding as the frets are only tempory the following year its a different pigeon the birds that has nothing up top and very quickely you will find them out birds that keep making mistakes is just costing fanciers time add expense i wouldnt condem a bird with a fret  

yes the stress of not bieng fed

If it was feed then why do young birds that are fed 3 times a day still get it? If it was feed why does it not show on all the flights? why is it they only miss the feed when growing the first two or 3 flights as they are the ones with the fret marks? And as I have ask before why do summer reared young bird not miss this feed you say causes fret marks. Ask any fancier who rears young birds in a hot country or heated loft if the the young leaving the nest have fret marks.

yes frank i agree you wont loose a youngster when the racing is easy when ever they get it on there snoot froom approx    130 mls they drop like skittles its just by breeding off every bird in loft if the youngsters are no good off a pair one year you dont breed from that pair again and put a big question mark against sire and dam the following year with different mates after that if no good  in bucket or race out you wont win nothing with a piece of paper called a pedigree i would rather have a fret mark knowing the bird is of sound breeding as the frets are only tempory the following year its a different pigeon the birds that has nothing up top and very quickely you will find them out birds that keep making mistakes is just costing fanciers time add expense i wouldnt condem a bird with a fret  

Any bird can get a fret mark,people say it's because they have had a hard race for instance but many show show birds that don't even fly out get them too so then people say it is because they have been overshown and have thus still encountered stress like a race bird,other people say it is the stress of being weaned or lack of food,fret marks can also seem to run in certain families.

The truth is they can occur for a variety of the above reasons and probably more besides,you can never be sure why exactly and they are just one of those things.

frets=stress. stress=cold, wrong feed, no feed, red mite, bullying cock, no water, frozen water, short dark days and long dark nights, ad infanitum.

I doubt if they are much to worry about providing they are not too bad. If they are serious you just as well get rid of them because I doubt if they will do much winning.

These fret marks are rarely seen in summer bred young birds. They are rarely seen in young birds bred in hot countries. They are rarely seen in heated lofts but are very often seen in birds bred in cold weather.

So it looks very much like cold plays a part in it. Theses fret marks are on the first couple of flights but not on the rest of the flights why is that? What has a bird got when growing the later flights without fret marks it had not got when growing the first flights with fret marks the answer is body feathers to keep it warm. Single reared young birds can be fully covered by the parents so stay warm and rarely have fret marks. Nest mates get to big to be fully covered just before they get their own body feathers, get cold and very often have fret marks.