lost young birds GB 08 K 387?  AND 387?

PEGGYSUE

hi got out on saturday gb08 k387.. & gbo8 k387.. not sure of the last numbers,young grizzle hen and blue pied cock both wing stamped any info please contact me....only took one round this year off all old ones due to having small loft on the back garden and these two where the best of my young uns.im located in stoke.....

• 4 weeks later...

the bloke has had the pied cock in all this time and has only just reported it,the bird has white flights about 3 red wing stamps ,must be blind but evenyually i got it out of him that the bird is staying and he wants to keep it.....what do you think of that!!!!! middleton i think he said....

then again if you fetch it back and it returns to there loft will he report it again or just  keep it. i bought a bird at a sale some years ago ,it returned to its home to the neighbours loft took him 4 years to report it ,he was disgusted when i turned up and demanded the bird which was sat on youngsters in his loft.

Peggy Sue, until you indicate to the finder that he can keep the bird or until you transfer it to him, the bird remains your property, no matter how many times it returns to his loft. If he knows you own the bird and he knows you want it back, then goes ahead and keeps it for himself, he is committing theft.

Collect the bird, settle it, and if it returns to his loft, ask him. If he admits it, collect it again. If he denies it - and you suspect he is lying - report him to the police, just make sure you can prove it's your bird.

Theft is "dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with an intention to permanently deprive the owner of it". As long as you can prove the bird is yours, and he denies having it, when infact he has it, the offence is committed.

PM me if you need to

Lee