Found

NAT

We have a visitor in our garden, he's been here a couple of nights, looks a bit disorientated.  Brown body, white head and tail.  Has a ring on it's leg. But we've been unable to catch him  to read it.  We live near Caerphilly, South Wales.  Anybody any ideas on who we could contact nearby that might have a better chance of catching him?  Or will he eventually find his way home on his own? ::)

My take on strays is if you can't catch it it does'nt need rescueing.I take in whatever turns up if it is exhausted/injured/starving I will never turn one away and hope other people would do the same for one of mine,but by the sounds of it it does not need your help and if you can't catch it you ca'nt do much anyway.If it does'nt go of it's own accord and gets tired/hungry enough for you to catch it then put it in a secure pen/box and report it straight away look under both wings for a wing stamp if no stamp then get the number off it's ring and ring the appropriate society.good luck

If you post the ring number on here me or someone else can probably give you a phone number for the right society'but it may have it's owner's phone number under it's wing or on the leg ring.Don't forget to make sure the box you put it in has air holes in it and it will need water and food

Give it some water and some food. If you do not have any proper pigeon food wild bird food or mixed corn available cheaply in small quantities will do.

Many come down thirsty and starving and will clear after a few days once theyve built their strength back up.

If it hasnt cleared after about a week try to lure it into a shed or out building by placing the food inside with just a very light trail outside.

Eventually the bird will cautiously enter the building enabling you to catch it.

Once caught post the ring number on here and some one will be able to help you report it to the ring issuer.