please  help!

novice4help

Hi.

2 days ago a racing pigeon wondered into my garage whilst i was working and collapsed next to me. :( He had unfortunately somehow become coated in what seems to be Motor oil.I noted down the ring number and contacted my local vet for advice and was told to bath the bird gently in a degreasant i/e fairy liquid or similar. i have done so and today he is looking much better, he is moving around a bit and has been feeding lots & also drinking.I contacted the owner and he was very grateful, this bird had been gone for 2 weeks. The owner has asked me if i can possibly pass the pigeon onto a local fancier for more care and assessment, i fear that if transported too far at this stage would be a great shock to this pigeon.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated, thanks...

sounds like your doing a great job yourself as for passing it on to another person,yes they may know more than you ?But the owner is responsilble for the welfare of his bird and the transport problem ,just playing on your good nature maybe :-/ anyway well done for being a careing animal lover.

Thanks for your comment homebird, i couldnt have just left the poor thing there as he was in a right old mess.

I contacted the rpra and passed him onto a local member who very kindly came and collected him. At least now he can get the correct care and get some peace as my house is like a madhouse, not always the best place to re-couperate lol.

All the best

Matt

well done matt for taking someones lost pigeon in and going to the trouble of caring for it and reporting it :)   it must have thought u had a kind face and thought it would try its luck hence the walking in and collapsing next to u in your garage  ;D ;D ;  if any of my pigeons are in the birmingham area i will tell them to look u up ;D ;D  all joking aside matt u deserve a pat on the back    

debbie  :)

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, i phoned the collector today and i was very pleased to hear that he is feeding lots and drinking plenty and is now re-couperating.

I know where to come when i need advice building my loft  :)

Thanks again, all the best

Matt

well done matt for taking someones lost pigeon in and going to the trouble of caring for it and reporting it :)   it must have thought u had a kind face and thought it would try its luck hence the walking in and collapsing next to u in your garage  ;D ;D ;  if any of my pigeons are in the birmingham area i will tell them to look u up ;D ;D  all joking aside matt u deserve a pat on the back    

debbie  :)

Well done Matt,you are a true animal/bird lover :)