new  fancier on line

Guest TAMMY_1

all genuine new fanciers on here always get help, just when some join solely to take all they can get and are not seen or heard of again, [ till they want something else ]

Guest strapper
no offence  but im concerned noone  wants to help a new  starter  espeacly with the sport as it is  :'(

wot kind of help does he need?

as stated, theres always help there !

Guest strapper
mainly advice on the basics at the moment never even held a pigeon before just got loft ect up an ready ... is it ok if i paint my loft inside white or leave it wood colour???

paint ur loft any colour u so wish,have u joined a club yet?if i was u id pop along to ur local pigeon club and ask them for advise.

u can see at 1st hand then the workings of pigeon racing.

they may even help u out with some pigeons to start u off in the sport,even come along and help out with advise with ur loft ,dont be afraid to ask questions,they will be glad to answer them!

Newboy, the best thing for you to do is contact the RPRA and find your local club. When you have made contact then see if they can put you in touch with a local fancier to you who will give you help and advice.

I would try and spend some time with an experienced fancier and learn a little before even thinking of getting birds etc.

You will of course find lots of useful tips on this forum by just reading some of the threads.

Phil

newboy be warned i hope you wont mind loosing pigeons because you will ,and most of the time it is your best and faviourits,i would keep a few not to many to start with ,learn to look after them and see how you get on have some fun with them before you start to think about racing them ,then if you are still not put of make sure the birds you intend to race are of a flyer or flyers who win races it will save you a lot of time and effort in the end ,if you are flying pigeons next year let me know and i will give you some very well bread young birds to help to get you on the road to success ATB les [and read every thing you can on pigeon racing]

newboy be warned i hope you wont mind loosing pigeons because you will ,and most of the time it is your best and faviourits,i would keep a few not to many to start with ,learn to look after them and see how you get on have some fun with them before you start to think about racing them ,then if you are still not put of make sure the birds you intend to race are of a flyer or flyers who win races it will save you a lot of time and effort in the end ,if you are flying pigeons next year let me know and i will give you some very well bread young birds to help to get you on the road to success ATB les [and read every thing you can on pigeon racing]

weres  mine les

The above is solid advice,and should be carved in stone for all new fanciers,its not an easy game for established flyers,how hard must it be for newcomers,they should learn the basics first,i.e walk before you attempt to run.Nice one Les.

my advice newboy is get to know one of your local best fanciers, form a bond , then listen ,look and learn :)  learn about pigeons from a master craftsman at the game [NOT in a pub]  learn the best habits to get into, and if your keen enough, theil stick with you,,, this forum and its members ,will answer all questions regarding pigeons,,,but just one thing to remember ,,,,,,,,theres more downs than ups in pigeon racing  :)  but the ups are the greatest thrills you could ever imagine ,,,,,,,,best of luck , enjoy your racing :)