Starting Up

Dalesman

I have decided to buy a loft from Ecco.

Now for the next stage - what do I need equipment wise for the loft and where do I purchase good quality stock birds (I only plan to keep a max. of 3 pairs) ? Is it worth buying from the continent or am i as well off buying here in the UK ?

What do I need to spend per bird to get something that has a chance ?

Is it reasonable to buy a pair for 1)sprint, 2)middle distance 3)long distance or should I concentrate on the requirements of local club races ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darren cantrill

I have decided to buy a loft from Ecco.

Now for the next stage - what do I need equipment wise for the loft and where do I purchase good quality stock birds (I only plan to keep a max. of 3 pairs) ? Is it worth buying from the continent or am i as well off buying here in the UK ?

What do I need to spend per bird to get something that has a chance ?

Is it reasonable to buy a pair for 1)sprint, 2)middle distance 3)long distance or should I concentrate on the requirements of local club races ?

You are best to keep your money in your pocket I have some sprint pigeons a pair that have bred winners for me and my brother in law and a friend they have bred winners again this year I also have a hen we bought off Ray Parker out of his national winner hasn't been bred from as the birds we have are breeding the goods it's a Walter docx the other pair are boeckx Be under no illusion these birds bred fed card winners for a novice last year he even beat me with them lol the docx hen is a beauty and was bought in to put a cross into the birds but they are breeding the goods so I ain't going to rock the boat she is a punt cost a bit of money you can have the three as soon as you have a pen become a member of the union etc obviously u pay carriage but I don't live far from Corley services on the m6 by coventry if passing its easy to walk up with the dog etc and hand them over people looked after me when I restarted and this sport needs new blood sprinters will give u something to do while u build an all round team they hold there own anywhere inland don't like the channel though lol