Any Information

St Finnan Loft

Do any of you lads have any information on a Fife pigeon called Cut Throat in the 1960.s i.e. race record on a pedigree etc.

the blood line was Jimmy Kirkland, Jimmy Anderson Cowdenbeath also Jimmy Callan Blairhall also does anyone have breeding details of the mealy cock Moneymaker Bob Carruthers...........

I'd say if came from Bob Carruthers it's most likely be a Kirkpatrick a good loft that would probably have this line is Derik & Anne Nordon of Langholm , couldn't help you on the breeding side some of the Scottish lads are more likely to know :)

Do any of you lads have any information on a Fife pigeon called Cut Throat in the 1960.s i.e. race record on a pedigree etc.

the blood line was Jimmy Kirkland, Jimmy Anderson Cowdenbeath also Jimmy Callan Blairhall also does anyone have breeding details of the mealy cock Moneymaker Bob Carruthers...........

The late Jimmy Anderson of Kirkford raced with the Cowdenbeath Flying club his most famous pigeon was a red chequer cock who had a white flash across his neck hence the name Cut Throat, this bird was bred by local farmer Jimmy Kirkland also of the Cowdenbeath club unfortunately I don’thave racing particulars of this bird never the less this cock had a great reputation in the SNFC and club races, a youngster from this cock 27486 found its way to Jimmy Callan of Blairhall both of these men being friends of Jimmy Kirkland. 27486 flew France to Blairhall seven times four times on the day; he was from a son of what was known as the Strachan cock and a Kirkpatrick + Harrison hen bred by Jimmy Kirkland.

Jimmy Callan also raced 15055 who flew France six times 2nd sec 3rd Open Rennes 1971 also 21st sec 52nd Open and 75th sec 135th Open Rennes.

Sire 10837 son of F.McIntyres 1st West section Nantes 1966. Dam 1212 four times France Sire 14132 Biss Gold medal strain. Dam Savage Barker from C.J.Massey Enfield1212 nest mate to 1211, 11 times France taking several good positions other birds at that time with Jimmy Callan were two grandsons of S.Browns Condorab mealy Nantes cock five times Nantes grand daughter of J.Kilgours 1stScottish Combine Dol daughter of J.Winfields Redmarley Payford Lady 1stNational Pau 600mls.

I recall Bobby Caruthers visiting the above fanciers to obtain these breeding lines and the joy of Jimmy Callan when hearing of the success of Moneymaker.

Unfortunately Jimmy Anderson a miner at the Aitken colliery Kelty died at a young age.

I was privileged to be a friend of Jimmy Kirkland and recall occasions when Jimmy would turn up at the factory where I worked with parts of a tractor or combine harvester which needed urgent repair I recall the bemused looks from managers when I commandeered the workforce explaining without these parts there will be no harvest they would just shake there heads and walk away smiling my father in-law in a smaller way had 13 acres his hobby was refurbishing tractors, parts of which could also be found at my workplace. some top fanciers made visits to Jimmy Kirkland at that time to obtain stock unfortunately he himself was always busy and could never find the time to do justice to his exceptional bloodstock,when eventually he had time he was plagued by ill health and he to died before his time.........details taken from a signed letter from J.Callan