Janssen Van Den Bosche

Hi Franny how you doing,never expected to see you on here you must be realy into the racers?

Hi Ian from Suffolk, how you flying with the JvdB/Mul birds, just getting into them after keeping fancy birds.

I have some very old JvdB 01 that I bought in from a chap called Mel Green in 01, he was tickled pink that they still filled eggs, in truth most of em look the bees knees still.

Have 3 stock adults on order so my aim is this year to breed a few and fly young birds from them in 2012.

Just joined the Ipswich PRC and the RPRA so with luck I might have something to fly shortly.

Hi Dave,

Have only been racing a year Flying out of Sudbury and District RPC.

My most consistant birds have been the VDB Had birds from Adam Freeman,Louella,Double Cottage Loft Beverdams,and Wilkes Farm Beverdams.

You probably know the Meulemans best pigeons all come from a pairing of a Janssen bros and a Van Den Bosch often refered to as the golden couple.

ATB

Ian

Hi Dave,

Have only been racing a year Flying out of Sudbury and District RPC.

My most consistant birds have been the VDB Had birds from Adam Freeman,Louella,Double Cottage Loft Beverdams,and Wilkes Farm Beverdams.

You probably know the Meulemans best pigeons all come from a pairing of a Janssen bros and a Van Den Bosch often refered to as the golden couple.

ATB

Ian

Hi Ian, your not far from me, yes I have some stock bred down from most of the noted birds of JvdB strain.

My season starts as of today as just recieved 3 old birds from louella, plus my old 01 hen makes 2 pair of stock birds.

As they say Rome was not built in a day, many thanks for responding to my question. :)

Van den bosche birds are the foundation of karel boeckx birds who races with great success in Tourneout and although they are mainly blues and dark cheq from the ones i have i getsom blue and cheq pieds probably going back to old line of van den bosch

Guest grizzler

Would recommend Reg & Doreen Piggin in Cottessay club Norwich think he still flys , but he had some crackers a few years ago.

currently building a small team of jvdb original birds coming from reg piggin mainly pieds and blue bars

• 2 months later...

Up date on my JvdB, with luck i did get 2 more pair of my 01 bred birds, with feeders 11 youngsters.

I dont know how long they will fill the eggs so the birds will sit the last round themselves, with luck keep going in 2012.

My intention when I bought them was as feeders for my Long faced Tumblers which they did well, never took much notice of the pedigrees that came with the birds, having studed them I am kicking myself because birds like "Kadet" & "Gerhard" the "Tiger" and lots more.

They have always been great birds to fly out, just wonder why I never woke up to racing pigeons, comp in fancy breeds is just a handful of guys, just think how many great birds I chucked away when floting the Tumbler eggs under them.

The bought in stock birds have been poor in many respects, looking back I should have bought youngsters and flown them because that makes more sense.

At the moment the weather is poor but the youngster have to go out, all over the shop at the moment,having also to dodge one of the best flyers in Ipswich team for fear of them going.

Not one loss at the moment but that will change, my lofts were built with fancy pigeons in mind so at the end of the breeding season a few changes need to be done.

As my youngsters are latebreds they will be trained by the basket lightly with the view of racing them as adults, looking forward to it with great relish. :emoticon-0157-sun:

Oh by the way anybody thinking of fancy pigeons for the future? think stich up X it again you get shafted unless you tickle when you shake hands, the point A to point B racing seems a lot farer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Scotty, yep fancy pigeons are Ok but the cheating sickens me, 500 mile round trip just for a blue Self LF Tumbler with a patch of white on its rump the size of my fist to get best Blue bar self.

I thought I was safe when the Dutch judge went to dinner, as he took his time with the whole coloured selfs they switched the judges when I was also at dinner.

Stepped into the hall just as the completed all the bars, needeless to say I was peeved as the judging sucked big time, he put his mates mismarked Tumbler up.

Twisted sick and it finnished me with all fancy breeds, the racers are a fresh of breath air, suddenly I woke up to the fact "650 fancy breeders via 30,000 race breeders" no contest.

When my membership runs out thats it 53 years of having fancy birds gone, now a novice racer man, its not easy switching your loft around or building a team from scratch.

Biggest mistake was buying birds from a well known pigeon farm, should have taken a little more time before I acted on buying in.

Mind you the JvdB that I managed to get 2 pair back from Lloyd have done me well, using wests as feeders I have 6 plus 4 more filled eggs from them, not bad for 01 birds.

As you know I used the JvdB as feeders for my Long Faced Tumblers which kinda beggers the question just how many good racers could I have bred in the last 10years?

Health wise my neck was drimled out the NHS spent a cool £1,000 on Titanum bridge plus 6 screws, as I was getting better I asked myself "would I drive 500 miles to get screwed by cheats again" as the JvdB have always been fun to fly why not.

I hope to attend the Nottingham Show this year and the Doncaster dome show the first as a supporter of Andy Lowe the later it has racing pigeons, if I have time maybe Blackpool.

Going to keep with the Janssen strain for my sprint birds, have not made my mind up with a distance strain as yet.

How you doing with your racers and what do you fly?

Hello Scotty, yep fancy pigeons are Ok but the cheating sickens me, 500 mile round trip just for a blue Self LF Tumbler with a patch of white on its rump the size of my fist to get best Blue bar self.

I thought I was safe when the Dutch judge went to dinner, as he took his time with the whole coloured selfs they switched the judges when I was also at dinner.

Stepped into the hall just as the completed all the bars, needeless to say I was peeved as the judging sucked big time, he put his mates mismarked Tumbler up.

Twisted sick and it finnished me with all fancy breeds, the racers are a fresh of breath air, suddenly I woke up to the fact "650 fancy breeders via 30,000 race breeders" no contest.

When my membership runs out thats it 53 years of having fancy birds gone, now a novice racer man, its not easy switching your loft around or building a team from scratch.

Biggest mistake was buying birds from a well known pigeon farm, should have taken a little more time before I acted on buying in.

Mind you the JvdB that I managed to get 2 pair back from Lloyd have done me well, using wests as feeders I have 6 plus 4 more filled eggs from them, not bad for 01 birds.

As you know I used the JvdB as feeders for my Long Faced Tumblers which kinda beggers the question just how many good racers could I have bred in the last 10years?

Health wise my neck was drimled out the NHS spent a cool £1,000 on Titanum bridge plus 6 screws, as I was getting better I asked myself "would I drive 500 miles to get screwed by cheats again" as the JvdB have always been fun to fly why not.

I hope to attend the Nottingham Show this year and the Doncaster dome show the first as a supporter of Andy Lowe the later it has racing pigeons, if I have time maybe Blackpool.

Going to keep with the Janssen strain for my sprint birds, have not made my mind up with a distance strain as yet.

How you doing with your racers and what do you fly?

i know andy lowe well lives 3 miles from me i used to take my race birds years ago to the nottingham shows they first started at beaston then moved to rushcliffe lesure centre and always shows a good bird and hes a great bloke

i know andy lowe well lives 3 miles from me i used to take my race birds years ago to the nottingham shows they first started at beaston then moved to rushcliffe lesure centre and always shows a good bird and hes a great bloke

One of the best pigeon men I know. :egyptian: