Do Pigeon Fights Among Each Other ?

AshleyWilis

hi,

Yesterday, I saw to pigeons outside my flat and they were fighting like hell, Do anyone else saw this kind of things, I used to think that pigeons are sign of peace and never fight, but what I saw yesterday was horrible :( I usually don't care if some birds are enjoying among themselves instead I like to click such moments.. but What I saw was something unusual ...

pigeons can be nasty little devils and will fight for all sorts of reasons. Territory, mates and the highest perch. Some strains are worse than others and some breeds are very aggressive.

My widowhood cocks are kept locked in their nest boxes and will roll about on the floor locked together when they are given their freedom. One or two will go looking for trouble and can be a real nuisance.

So in answer to your question, pigeons are not the peacful creatures that we have been told about. I am afraid it is another one of those fairy stories.