Up & Over boxes

tiler

dont be put off tiler it just shows we have  some asses as well but people like him are very few i wish i could help you a bit more but the only thing i can tell you is they are used to motivate mainly cock birds

Guest j.bamling

the up and over boxes are exactly the same as the ordinary boxes in the way they work, however they are smaller in width so they take up less room and you can get more boxes

the up and over only has one gate where the ordinary boxes has 2 gates

Guest spin cycle

No I keep poultry and need some fronts for a new shed, cant understand how or why the up and over ones work

cheers

i kept poultry before i got into pigeons (dizzy). so i think your experience will help you. are you getting confused over a the front of a shed against the fronts of the actual nest boxes ? basically your shed will have a number of nestboxes ( eg up'n over)  one for each pair of racers. as to the front of the shed it can be just about any style as long as it's practical , the ventilation is right and you can accomodate a trapping system of some kind. i converted chicken houses when i started :)

Ok lets do this again as your all trying to help and the question is really easy, maybe I asked it incorectly.

The up and over fronts on the boxes how do they work, from what i see they flip up so you can get at the birds behind is that right.....

How do they lock, is the blanked off end a dummy door or does it work ?

I now know that when they are reversed they are used to tease the cocks and can see thats their primary use lol sorry

Ok lets do this again as your all trying to help and the question is really easy, maybe I asked it incorectly.

The up and over fronts on the boxes how do they work, from what i see they flip up so you can get at the birds behind is that right.....

How do they lock, is the blanked off end a dummy door or does it work ?

I now know that when they are reversed they are used to tease the cocks and can see thats their primary use lol sorry

the blanked off bit is a sliding door  ;)

yes it slides as its a sliding door can be in a closed or open possition as i was trying to show you on the link above ^^^^^^^^