Facebook

Mr Yorkie

Sadly as we all know this great sport of ours is slowly dwindling in numbers. I have recently been in contact with the powers to be as I feel they could be doing more to attract new fanciers to the sport, especially younger members. Working in Marketing and PR I think the powers of social media (i.e Facebook, Twitter, You Tube etc.) are tools which we should all be tapping into and utilising to try get more people on board. They cost nothing but time and postings allow friends of friends to be able to see what's going on thus potentially allowing new fanciers to be reached. I have been invited to put my thoughts forward to my local Union when they next meet at the end of the year although the clock is constantly ticking - by the Autumn fancier numbers will have dropped more. I have therefore started a Facebook group for my Federaion - the Yorkshire North Road Fed - as I am keen to see who joins and if a humble organisation like ours can get a following online. Even if we don't, at least we have tried. Therefore, if anyone would like to join you'd be more than welcome - look us up http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=102539349792072 - it truly is a working project but more will be added each night as time allows!

Guest monkeynuts71

i did :)

the rpra are missing a trick by doing nothing to promote pigeon racing,the amount we raise for charity never gets mentioned. until we change peoples views on pigeons,they will always be flying rats and people who kill "" endangered birds of prey "",i use this term very loosely as obviously the rspb dont come to cornwall :(

do you know how many children in the rpra`s squeeker corner have been encouraged into the sport not because thier parents or grandparents keep pigeons??? but by them being shown in school or out of school activity?

Tristan

Guest monkeynuts71

i have also just started a group about the cornish combine, so if any users are part of the cornish combine can you put up pics,results,info anything really.many thanks Tristan