Nestmates

Guest Paulo

I've tried it once or twice when I first started (6 years ago) but that was cause I was short of birds, but the young off them never did anything so wouldn't do it again.

jason

I tried nest mate by themself paired....

Brother paired sister.............. bred a nice pigeon but not done any good in the races

It's up to you if you want to pair them up.  but in my opinion i won't do it again...  :)

cheers mate you know what the agony of starting ups like killing me trying to decide what to breed next year. Guess I just need to chill out and make a good stab with the young uns next year and concentrate on getting them all home in good time and not be too worried about chalks. Will prob take a few year to get a decent familly of birds going.

cheers mate you know what the agony of starting ups like killing me trying to decide what to breed next year. Guess I just need to chill out and make a good stab with the young uns next year and concentrate on getting them all home in good time and not be too worried about chalks. Will prob take a few year to get a decent familly of birds going.

How many YBs do you want for yourself next year? mate,

If you have a problem of not enough breeding, i will breed you some if u want....

going to get 40 rings craig two teams of 20.00 at the moment I've got nestboxes for 8 pairs. Still trying to work out what I'm going to do for pairs as I think some of the older birds may be infertile both cocks and hens which is a shame as they are the best I have off the orginal stock when the old man flew.

How many young uns do you think I should aim for off each pair 3 rounds or will that be too much?

8x 2 = 16 youngsters every round

16 x 3 = 48 youngsters

Got a couple of youngsters promised to other people who are starting up. 10 in total all together.

so that leaves 38 providing everything goes to plan which it never does so I will prob have to contend with smashed eggs etc.

I'll make it somehow mate I hope lol