herman beaverdam sale

Guest Pigeon_Man87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you could have got the right ones very cheaply last night. Went for a song seemed to be a huge lack of interest in the distance birds wonder if it is because of bird flu beautiful birds as well I woul dhave had them but no good to me like a learner driver buying a sportscar

Just had an e-mail from Herman sent him one about the birds I bought saying I was impressed with their condition etc and he sent this reply back top bloke.

Subject:     RE: Gebr Janssens

Hi Paul,

I hope that the birds breed you topbirds, which is possible as these are from my best ! Was a long weekend with all these auctions, but though they went good for the buyers, now I hope that they do well and that is always best advertisement.

Good luck and hope to hear from you again.

Herman.

Van: Paul.Fullard@durham.gov.uk [mailto:Paul.Fullard@durham.gov.uk]

Verzonden: dinsdag 3 oktober 2006 10:44

Aan: hermanbeverdam@hermanbeverdamracingpigeons.nl

Onderwerp: Gebr Janssens

Hello Herman, I hope you are well. I bought the following pigeons from your on 02/10/06 from Haswell Plough Auctions in Durham.

"Redback'' NL 06-2122416

"Geeloger 019'' NL 06-5633867

"Geeloger 019'' NL 06-5633868

"Little Whisper'' NL 06-5633850

Just like to say I am very impressed with the quality of the birds and the price I paid and look forward to racing them and testing the young birds out I have breed off them. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip to England and the rest of your auctions go well for you.

Yours in Pigeon Sport

Paul Fullard

Pets Pantry in Cranleigh.

Sell Gems corn and his supplements. Our own two mixes called cranleigh no1 and no2 which are basically peas beans and maize mixes for the channel. Eric cannon used to be on it. Me , Mick Tuck, Paul Bridgewater and ray hammond to name a few use these two mixes. (quite heavy though). Then have a section with the usual bits and bobs pick blocks, grits baccie stalks etc. Not huge just a section within our large pet shop. Most of my club members buy their stuff through me but we are by no means a gem supplements or Boddy and ridewood (lol).

Yeah quite alot in your area do don't they. Thing is for us we are not just dedicated to selling pigeon stuff  so we don't need to stock everything. Alot of stuff we can just order when we want it. Where as somewhere like slough thats their bread and butter so they have a sort of one stop shop.

Just in the middle of building our website though so if mail order sales see the need will probably increase the lines we carry.

The first light chequer is "Little Whisper''

The second two sitting together are nestmates "Geeloger 019'' the smaller of the two is a hen I think and is the bird I will donate to the pigeon basics auction it could be the other bird through if I am wrong because I need another cock neither way one of the nestmates will go.

The red one is "Redback''

all pedigrees are on show earlier in this topic if anyone is interested in taking a look. Hopefully my eye for a pigeon is good as I looked at all the birds beforehand and selected which ones I was going to bid on.

Hopefully they will breed me some decent youngsters. Hope you like them

On saying that redback could be a cock hope he's not as if he is he will have to go to pidge basics auction as will be short of hens.

Heres a picture of my other janssens I got off Les on this forum Janssen Red Foxes they haven't half filled out and are progressing through the moult nicely

yeah two nice birds that was why I asked that question about pairing nestmate to nestmate again but don't think I'll bother the geeloger cock will get paired to "little whisper'' she's a nice hen the picture doesn't do her justice.

This crazy old bloke sitting next to me told me you should only go for chequers when buying Janssens anyone heard that one before???? It sounded a bit wacked to me.

probably ace he was canny mortal and had one of the redneck accents us durham lads have so it was hard going to understand him lol

He was one of these blokes who dig you in the arm when they are talking to you I'm surprised my left bicep isn't bruised to bits.

Guest slugmonkey

We owned National Ace "Pinnacle" which was a Beverdam, ganus had him for a while we have about 20 sons and daughters off him several of which are multiple race winners these are GREAT birds and I have many grandchildren flying on race team