Yearlings???

Guest Pigeon_Man87

I start when they are young birds.

When my young birds pair up in the young bird end, they cause havoc amongst the others by claiming the floor. I move the mated pair to the old bird end and give them an empty box there.

Same with the next pair; They'll race to there.

At the end of the young bird racing, the cocks that are left in the young bird end are moved one at a time to the old bird end, giving it a box. When it is settled, going back & forward OK, I move the next cock thro, and so on till all young cocks have a box in OB section.

My birds are also fed & watered in their box.

i have read in a book tht a fancier used to move the old cocks out of the section close off there boxes let the yerling cocks into the section and wen theyy had claimed there boxes let the older cocks bk in and open there boxes and there will b no trouble

Spot on Coxy...

You must get the yearlings used to there boxes prior to putting the older ones back in..They must be confident in the home and defend their box.

Beware if a yearling gets battered by an older cock (it will break its spirit and have no confidence) you could have just lost that potential CHAMPION

BE PATIENT, it takes time :P

i have read in a book tht a fancier used to move the old cocks out of the section close off there boxes let the yerling cocks into the section and wen theyy had claimed there boxes let the older cocks bk in and open there boxes and there will b no trouble

i do something simiular after old bird season all old cocks boxes covered up and all cocks out. The young cocks are then put in to claim a box once claimed a box there paired to old widowhood hens and are raced on a widowhood system. Done this last yb season for first time and 5 out of the six i tried either won or scored very well for me!