what would you pay

Guest cloudview

no ,if a like apigeon ill buy it irespctive of strain ,its what the men that these strains are based on done to create them anyway :) :) :) :)

Thought about going to Jimmys sale and im glad his birds sold for a good price,well above me both price and my ability at the moment.So we went to the sale at Lostock of Haven lofts, not a lot of people there and I got 2 red hens Busschearts that come from a family of winners that have winning blood lines bred by the owner that have been developed scince 1978.paid £20.each, a working lads price that may breed a club winner.which will be a good start for me. I met the breeder a very nice gent with lots of experience and a winning loft,so time will tell if they are good for me ,but one things for sure im not goining to lose any sleep over them at the prices they cost, no pressure ,still fun and a hobby .good luck to all the buyers a jimmys sale it was a good cause

Guest paulrstokes

Of course fanciers are more swayed by strain.

As I put on here I was lucky enough to breed the ace pigeon in the south west one loft race, and get a car for my efforts.

The hen was 16th from 400 at 200 miles and 10th from 351 at 300 miles.

I went to europa to see her auctioned, a couple of the first lots went for over £1,000. My hen who has completed all the races in the shortest time, £320 why because she is vanhee X van braune on the sires side and van reet X janssen on the dams side.

I wonder what she would have fetched if the pedigree read M & D Evans Vandenable, or Kees Busa, or Koopman????????

could fancier,s give their opinion on this please ,how much would you be prepared to pay for adirect son of a 1st section winner in nfc sect  L  only bird on day in section  516 miles , plus same bird has also been 2ND section 408 miles        open positions were 42ND  and 108TH

I got 2 cocks and 3 hens from a guy thats a multi section winner in classics plus more than one first open to his name and I'd sell the lot for the £100 I paid for them.