HELP R.I.P GOOLE AFC

JSTOON

Lastnite a took a phone call from a good friend of mine and ex pigeon champ from Barnsley Steve Parry, requesting some help with his cause. For those people who dont know Steve, he was one of if not the best flyer that Barnsley has produced, and would help anyone and any cause but due to work committments Steve had to call it a day in 2006 as Steve was a 100% man, no less. Since finishing in the sport he has had chance to watch his son play footabll more often, and has now become part of the board at his sons club, Goole AFC formerly Goole Town. The club has existed for some 100 years plus and at present sit quite well in the Unibond Div 1 South. Over recent times the club, like so many clubs and societies around has fallen on hard times, so much so that if drastic action isnt taken, the club will shortly no longer exist.

Action plans are already underway so that the club can attempt to try and raise some revenue, Steve is calling on the good will of the Pigeon fancier for assisstance.

Two pigeon charity auctions will take place in the latter end of February, date yet to confirm.  One venue will be Steves homeland of Barnsley, where Steve has already got a host of top fanciers to donate birds ( not louella, they declined, no Christmas card there) from his area.

The secong sale will be held at a venue in Goole itself, more than lightly the Sunday following the saturady sale at Barnsley.

I have today along with Steve contacted many good fanciers from the East Riding area, all of which are willing to donate birds etc. Although were having a good response my knowledge of the fanciers in this area is very limitted, and i was hoping for some assisstance from members on the site, especially from the Hull and surrounding areas inwith donations.

If anybody can help, either pm with details or add your details to the thread.

I will update the thread when a date is set, which will be very shortly. Thanks already to D Hawkins, N addshead, Eddie Wright, Linley & Bond, for your help and assistance thus far, Simon

Thanks for that Les. Ive just come off the phone with Steve and other local fanciers, and the  general feeling is that 1 auction be done, possibly somewere central between Barnsley and Goole, possibly the NADS club at Knottingley, which is used quite often as an auction venue. I will update as everything gets set in stone, thanks Simon