Would you believe it?

Guest Vic

It must be 55 years, since I timed in my first racer. I've been through the mixer during this time, Mark my words.  Without boasting, I can honestly say, that to be a good secretary in years gone by, you  had to be very adaptable to succeed. I  had our sheets out, on race day, before closure of pubs (HQ). well before all the modern gadgets, computers etc hit the pigeon scene. But in all this time, I have never witnessed a happening as  I experienced today. Once my ybs are rung, I very really touch them again till weaning. But today something caught my eye, I noticed that one of the ybs in the nest was blown up (crop wise) and I knew,  without experiencing this situation, that it was an air sac problem.  I have never had any bird in over fifty years of racing, with this problem, but have read about it on numerous ocasions. So I pierced its swollen neck with a sharp instrument. Presently all is OK . Anybody else had this happenning to a yb in the nest .           Just a change from the normal patter, Vic.      

your not feeding barley i had a cock blow up feeding to a big yb i left and it sorted itself  :) was the cock that blew up not the yb  ;)
Old Yellow. I DON'T THICK VIC IS AT THE REAR OF THE QUEUE, SUCH AS BOBTAIL ETC. REGARDING, EXPLAINING SIMPLE QUEENS ENGLISH. You are actually a moderator, to boot!  What a state of affairs lately.   Grrrrrrrr.