Janssen

mad dog

I bought a pair of blues from Fountainhead years ago. They were out of the Yorkshireman. I gave the cock away, big mistake. The hen is the mother of my loft through her son when paired to a van Rijn cock. Unfortunately she is dead now, but what a pigeon.

Her son is one of my main breeding cocks that I use on the Bull system. He bred four stormers last year. They would be grandchildren of the original hen.  

I bought a pair of blues from Fountainhead years ago. They were out of the Yorkshireman. I gave the cock away, big mistake. The hen is the mother of my loft through her son when paired to a van Rijn cock. Unfortunately she is dead now, but what a pigeon.

Her son is one of my main breeding cocks that I use on the Bull system. He bred four stormers last year. They would be grandchildren of the original hen.  

He is paired to a double gd of D16 THAY BREAD THE GOODS M8

Just after I had bought the birds out of Yorkshireman, I bought birds with D16 in their blood. I found them good but not brilliant. One of them flew from Lilliers as a young bird. It was a smash with only 6 birds home. She bred me some goodish birds but as I said they didn't set the World on fire.

The Cock I bought from van Rijn was a real piece of luck. He is out of King 438. I only paid 60 for him but what a goldmine. Birds bred that way are very much in demand these days, if you can get them. I am finding that I keep more and more of these birds on merit. I have started to cross them with pigeons bred from a cock I bought from Marcel Sanger, out of his Apache. He has produced an outstanding cock that has done me really well. The only problem is that my cock is a red checker and throws reds and mealies which don't last long. I think the peregrines must get them. Last year I had a mealy hen that won in the club and was well placed in the Fed. and the Combine. I lost her.