Help needed, getting young birds in

kev124

to many trees around the loft, the birds are afraid to land amoung the trees

yup too dark around loft by time there wanting to come off house too dark to try , chainsaw ;)

i think owen is probably more to the point,, but if you cant help the trees being there, and cant take anymore down, these yb,s will soon get used to things , most yb,s on their first flights can easily be made very nervious , and can be common for them to stay out,, but if getting no feeding anywhere , are usualy back , sometimes after days , when their settled  a little , let them out a little peckish  and scatter some  red band or kibbled p nuts [takes a time to fill them], but only a handfull ,, then get them  in,  and feed them,,  it wont be long b4 they cotton on,, [mine were frightened by a hawk attack,, thought i had lost them all , but all back in the next few days , the last one 5 days out]  all  settled  now,, but took a bit of doing,, [nails bitten to the elbows :)] good luck :)

Thanks to everyone who gave advice and especially oldguy who gave me the link to youtube which gave me the idea, I'm glad to tell you I've managed to trap all the awol pigeons. It took a few amendments to the trap but a picture of the succesful version is attached. I wire meshed it a quater of the way down and sat a couple of decoy birds in there, then placed some seed on the floor in the open end and sat the trap on top of my garage in full view from all the neighbors roofs. Attached some cotten to the wooden door and sat in the bedroom watching untill they went to feed on the seed. Pulled the cotten and hey presto, captured birds.

I have cleared a lot of the branches away from around the loft making it a lot lighter and visible as a few of you suggested(picture attached).

Can anyone give me some advice on training birds that have been out for 5 consecutive nights and seemed quite happy to carry on, plus my birds that stayed havent been out for 2 nights as i thought they might join the loose ones as the flew overhead. Any advice would be gratly appreciated as letting them out again is a bit of a worry.