Have you a threat in a city near you?

Guest Denny

I have two nesting pairs near me!   :(

I collected my young birds from Pecked Hen only yesterday and I am already dreading letting them out just in case .

9 of the 14 beauties Pecked has passed on to me!  A credit to her most certainly if I say so  myself, so you can see why I don't want to let them out now!  :'(

I have two nesting pairs near me!   :(

I collected my young birds from Pecked Hen only yesterday and I am already dreading letting them out just in case .

9 of the 14 beauties Pecked has passed on to me!  A credit to her most certainly if I say so  myself, so you can see why I don't want to let them out now!  :'(

I have 15 pairs in a 20 mile area here! Every time my birds out they spot them, only a matter of time before they get the taste of racing pigeon me thinks.  :(

I have an established pair where I live, and I don't believe they are that territorial  either as I have also got a pair of Sparrow hawks working the area as well.

Guest Owen

If it is any concilation to you, I do not loose white pigeons in my area. I live in the Eastern Valley of South Wales and there are a heck of a lot of peregrines around here. It is reds and mealies that seem to cop it here. I have one very good red cheq stock cock that breeds one or two reds or mealies every year.  I never get to keep them. Last years red cheq hen won a race and was third fed and going well, but as usual she did not survive. On the other hand, I have three white and very light grizzles in the widowhood cocks. They seem to be OK. But I have to say that the peregrine does not seem to be able to get the widowhood cocks. I have seen him have goes at them but they always seem to get away. In fact they seem to take the p--- out of him by showing off.

Guest ljb107
If it is any concilation to you, I do not loose white pigeons in my area. I live in the Eastern Valley of South Wales and there are a heck of a lot of peregrines around here. It is reds and mealies that seem to cop it here. I have one very good red cheq stock cock that breeds one or two reds or mealies every year.  I never get to keep them. Last years red cheq hen won a race and was third fed and going well, but as usual she did not survive. On the other hand, I have three white and very light grizzles in the widowhood cocks. They seem to be OK. But I have to say that the peregrine does not seem to be able to get the widowhood cocks. I have seen him have goes at them but they always seem to get away. In fact they seem to take the p--- out of him by showing off.

I think i'm qiute lucky in cardiff, only been hit by a perigrine one in 5 yrs.  Hope i haven't jynxed myself - lol

Guest chrisss
They will keep ur birds fit and feed on the weak  ones it wont go after the fastest bird will it

are you posting this merde for charity or spite, a total halfwitted comment :B :B :B :B :B

Guest Owen

HawkBait

your a total clown. You know nothing about peregrines. Like all predators they will take the easiest option. Yes the weak, the tired and, more importantly the young. So your long distance pigeon that is nearing home after a brave and determined bid for home will be a prime target. I have had the evil gits target my young birds and actually play with them. Not take any, but damage and terrify many.

I don't know if you are deliberately trying to be clever or perhaps funny, but you and smart as--- like you should have your say in a pigeon club around here. You might learn something, you moron.  

Guest Freebird

Yep, I've heard they seem to like reds. Good on the widowhood cocks, take the pi*s boys.(bunny)

Guest Freebird
HawkBait

your a total clown. You know nothing about peregrines. Like all predators they will take the easiest option. Yes the weak, the tired and, more importantly the young. So your long distance pigeon that is nearing home after a brave and determined bid for home will be a prime target. I have had the evil gits target my young birds and actually play with them. Not take any, but damage and terrify many.

I don't know if you are deliberately trying to be clever or perhaps funny, but you and smart as--- like you should have your say in a pigeon club around here. You might learn something, you moron.  

I get the feeling this guy ( HawkBait ) is RSPB as all he wants is to upset. Better just to ignore the silly wee boy and he'll go away an hopefully play in traffic. If not, someone will catch him out, then we'll see who is fit.