SHU One Loft Race

The ring list has been posted out along with pool sheets and the first Training race takes place on the 17th August from Wooler.

Good Luck to all who have birds in the race.

dearest wicked witch     what a way to start a message  haha   any way linda why not get in touch with the s, h, u,231a low waters rd hamilton ml3. 7qn .   phone 01698286983   im reading this of an old rule book so i surmize it is the same, im quite sure they would  give you all the details of the one loft race,   best of luck jimmy

Guest shadow

Another thing to consider woud be the transportation cost,(£340)  air fare the last time I enquired you would also need a handling agent in the UK as the birds would have to go into Quarantine (6 weeks) then transport to SHU loft. Which would make a very expensive race for you,  The best way to do it if your birds were accepted woud be to form a syndicate to cover the costs.  Good luck :);)

Not a bad idea at all Richard, will have to talk with our export guy Don Hart and see what the cost would be, also have to speak to Jimmy White about taking the birds, well some more birds for him to care for would keep him out of trouble <VBG>

Guest Doostalker
Can someone send me details of this race, do they accept foreign entries, I would love to try my anssens over the pond next year.

Hyacinth, I spoke with Stan Bonnington the loft manager for Scotland's One Loft Race, and told him about your interest. I will be meeting with him in a week or so and will tell you if, and how, you can get an overseas entry in.

I see that the auction is going to take place on Monday 5th September in Newmains club. Some great pigeons have been sold at this sale, W Kinnear's "Auld Reekie" being perhaps the most notable.

Guest Doostalker

By the way, so that everyone knows, the name of the race is Scotland's One Loft Race. Anyone wanting details for next year can let me know and I will get them sent out. God Luck if you enter!

Guest shadow

you breed a pigeon then when it's weaned you enter it for the race. then you send it to the loft with its transfer and there it stays.It is then trained with all the other entries then they have small races leading up to the final race. After the final race the birds are auctioned. Hope I have got this right without going into a long letter.

Guest shadow
right got ya how much is it to enter? & reading other post there over 166 birds must have a big loft & who gets the prize you mentioned an auction where does the funds go for that?

I don't know the exact entry fee as I have never entered a pigeon normally it is about £ioo per bird entry fee.  The winner takes the biggest prize and then the amont drops down  to about 30 places, not sure where the auction money goes. I think some of it may be used for runng expenses.    If you get any pigeon weeklys have a look in them at times all the details for each of the races are printed in them  At the moment there is one in scotland two in southern england and one in south Africa :)fly hard fly fair. ;)

ps If I have got this wrong some one will be able to put it right.

3 birds= £300.  2X Training races £300....£200....£100..+pools

Main race £20.000...£3000...£2000...£1000....£500...£400...

£300...£200..9th to 14th £100...also pools.