Lightness system

Back garden fancier

Hi, pigeon fans, I wonder if anyone could shed some light ( no pun intended!) on the lightness system? I work mega weird shifts and the darkness system is out. But I've heard of a lightness system that uses a timer, which would be ideal for me. Question is... when do you start and how many hours is the light on for? Would be pleased if anyone can help.

like that one" shed some light" ;D ;D ;D  but have done well with the darkness system in the past, but these darkness yb,s have two moults in the one year , maybe a lot for a yb to expect and race as well?  but it seems the lightness system they have their moult early ,,only one moult , never having tried it , would think it would be quite good  :)

I am now out of Pigeons but still follow the threads on here. I can tell you that I tried my own lightness system some 8 years ago, and I won a lot of club races, including topping the Fed.

I left thenm on , so that the YBs were in light 21 hours per day.

WHEN DID YOU PUT THEM OF WHEN IT WAS DARK OR WHAT ,FOR THE OTHER THREE HOURS  ;D ;D

basicaly the light stay on until 2or3 hours before  sun rise                                     YOURS IN SPORT      BOB

thts what i wanted to know cheers lad  ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Greenways

Hi I've used the lightness for years I work from 8 till 5.30 and it is the only system that lets me keep up with the  darkies. I turn my timer on at 3.00am when I wean the youngones and it stays on till 8.00am. I turn it off the first week of june but watch out as the youngones mature quicker. :D