First eggs!

Despite all the birds I have had, I finally have a cock and hen who are agreed with one another.

:]

When they swapped shifts yesterday, I snuck out and got a picture of the eggs.

The male is a Black Magpie Komorner Tumbler, and the hen is a Domestic Showflight Black Teager {Crested}.

I am hoping the eggs are filled - wish me luck! We're going on 19 days and counting {down}!

@ Cheeseman: Yes, it is replacing a shoebox that got wet in rain, and then collapsed. I figured a waterbowl was both round enough -AND- deep enough to prevent breakage o fth eeggs, while being a suitable place. I hadn't seen their kind either - so I snappe dth eopportunity right up when I located them. The hen, on the perch there, is bred here in the city (her breed overall if I remember correctly developed back in New York). The cock though, I'd never even heard of the Komorner before. But, I fell in love with his look at the local fair - and bought him to bring home.

@ George: Danke. I'm beyond thrilled. :] I will defnitely be posting pictures of the babies when they htch out.

@ Pigeon Milker: It's only been a day or two, though. I thought the minimum was five to see if they were filled?

@ Pjc: I can't wait to see the crests the babies have when they fledge. Interesting indeed!

@ Amanda: Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I went out a little while ago to try and see if I could see anything with a pen-light.. But I don't think it was strong enough.. I'm off to work in a bit, so I will have to wait until later when I get home to use the maglite.

:] Definately will put the pictures up when (being positive, no if's here!) they hatch.