Paratyphiod Vaccine

GIVEADOGABONE

Hi been reading through a long topic on here about paratyphiod.

I was wanting to know off anyone who has used the paratyphiod vaccine

if it works or not.

Would it be better just to treat with parastop before breeding?.

De Weerd does not recommend the vaccine in there first year of birth they

would get 4 jabs of the vaccine as 1 jab at weaning 1 3 weeks later another when 6 months old then

one at 1 year old then every six months its a bit much don't you think

cheers barry    :-/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbok

i have been useing this vaccine for years with no side effects i only do them once a year and only twice at 3-6 weeks the nyearly i use the sal bac as it is a dead vaccine i saw adramatic improvement in fertility once i started vaccinating

i use it cause if i was to get young bird sickness or another virus then it will help battle it as a secondary infection! but if you treat for it in the water u shouldnt have a problem either

Guest strapper

the most common secondary infection  in youngbird sickness will be e coli.

i think fanciers should be more aware of paratyhoid .

i use use samlonella and paratyoid live vaccine and ecoili does not and will not stand a chance attacking the immune system because it a live vaccine your actually giving the birds the disease ie no sickness ever again once a year is all it takes and all this crap about sickness will not be an issue again i do it for my birds sake no one elses.

i use use samlonella and paratyoid live vaccine and ecoili does not and will not stand a chance attacking the immune system because it a live vaccine your actually giving the birds the disease ie no sickness ever again once a year is all it takes and all this crap about sickness will not be an issue again i do it for my birds sake no one elses.

do u treat with an antibiotic before you inject them?

do u treat with an antibiotic before you inject them?

if your going to vaccinate old birds u must treat with the likes of parastop before hand

so with the old birds you have just treated them then injected the next year do u treat with parastop again bofore injecting

hence i just do ybs

Guest Owen

I have used the paratyphoid vaccine for some years now. At first it was the dead vaccine that came from Belgium but now I use a live vaccine. I find it better. The vaccination is given every year after a period of ten days on a good antibiotic. Baytril or Amoxicyline. I use the latter.

At one time I could not see the reason for it because I could not see how my pigeons could get the disease. Then I realised it is everywhere. I think that a major cause of infection is the grain we feed. I bought barley from a guy at the Aberdare Show, he had a lorry outside. When I got it home and looked at it properly I could see rat droppings in it. Goodness knows what diseases would be passed on to the birds from that. And I am sure that even if grain is cleaned it could still be a source of disease.

I consulted a Vet and he said that Samonella is dangerous to Man and if it has infected the pigeons it takes a awful lot of time and money to get rid of it. He claimed that it can remain in a subclinical condition and flair up at any time. And then it could go on for years without the Fancier really knowing what is causing the trouble.

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather be sure that the birds are clear than run the risk of them having the disease.

Guest Owen

I use Chevita Vaccine and I get it from my Vet. I am registered with David Parsons of Wincanton. I would imagine that Graham Smith from Usk would get it for you. There must be other Pigeon Vets spread around the country you could ask.

Guest strapper
I use Chevita Vaccine and I get it from my Vet. I am registered with David Parsons of Wincanton. I would imagine that Graham Smith from Usk would get it for you. There must be other Pigeon Vets spread around the country you could ask.

graeme is very hard to get these days.i think he,s slowly breaking into retirement...been with him for many years .

great for a laugh too...but who is around when he leaves the practise?

usk is only 20mins from me so is ideal.