PIGEON TRACKER

tskyes

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They cover all of the UK and J told me they will be covering Northern Ireland soon as well. :) It's £30 for up to 4 pigeons. £2 per pigeon after 4.

Thank you Steve ................Amanda :) :)

This is always a tough one because some of the people you deal with are lovely. The lady at Flyin Couriers is a gem . However I have now used 3 couriers to pick up birds since Amtrak went through. Coopers , Flyin Couriers and Cooper logistics and in my opinion the best service or should I say the service I felt more comfortable with is Pigeon Tracker. I know none of the people involved in these services, my opinion for what it's worth is from my short experience using them.

Ok I’ve informed Pigeon Tracker that I would be posting what has happened to me the last few days with them, and I've last posted that I felt they were the ones I was most comfortable with and I was!!. Simple really this is about where I think their customer service policy is flawed, and they think I have not worked with them to help the situation.

The background is that Mick on basics had asked Pigeon Tracker to pick up birds from me in Devon to be delivered to him, which they agreed to do last Wednesday.

1 I had a phone call at 1011hrs to say they would be calling Tuesday morning to pick up the birds. But their first scheduled pick up was at 6 a.m. at Steve Wright’s in Exeter, so if they were going to pick my birds up they would be coming to me first because they were then heading down to Cornwall to pick birds up. That would mean a pick up from me at about 5.15/5.30. I said that was not on it was a ridiculous time I did not want to wake up the household or the rest of the close at that time in the morning. I told the lady I spoke to that I didn’t know if i could get down there or not, could she check with Steve Wright when it would be suitable to him for me to come down and get back to me and I would need his address. Then I said hang on if you’re going down to Cornwall you can pick up  my birds on the way back, to be told they were then going to Brighton and instinctively thought ok they’ll be going along the coast.

2 I was going out at about 10.30 and meanwhile thought about the route and realised the coast route from Exeter would not be the best route for Brighton. I rang back to suggest that if they were going back from Exeter via the A30 to the A303 it was just as quick to go up the M5 and go to the A303 from Jct 25 Taunton. That way they could pick up my birds which would only take 20 mins .

3 By 1320 I had heard nothing, I was more or less nackered for going down to Steve Wright’s. What went through my mind was that they’d just turn up at 5.15 next morning and it would be we’re here now you might as well give us the birds. I was feeling annoyed that no one had rung back. So I sent an e mail saying that if they were to turn up it should be no earlier than 7, this I think wound Jamie up.

4 This is the e mail I sent:-

Hi Alan Baker in Tiverton here (address), you rang me this morning about collection of a pigeon and Delivery up to (address) TS1 tomorrow morning. I rang back and left you a message on your BT 1571. You have not responded to the discussion we had or my message. Please ensure your driver does not call to me in the morning before 7 am (and that’s not 6.45 or 6.50 or earlier BUT NOT before 7) no earlier PLEASE. I would be pleased to have an e mail reply or ‘phone call to let me know your intentions.

Thanks

Alan

5 At 14.30 I had picked up a voice mail sent at 1338 from I assumed  Jamie. Which said:-

“Hello Mr Baker this is pigeon Tracker here in response to your e mail where you say ‘Please ensure your driver does not call to me in the morning before 7 am (and that’s not 6.45 or 6.50 or earlier BUT NOT before 7) no earlier PLEASE’. I’m afraid we can’t accommodate individual pick ups to that degree otherwise we wouldn’t be in business. We start at 6 o clock and you would have been the launch platform, we did give you the opportunity to drop down to Mr Wright’s just down the road from you, you could have done that this afternoon, however you clearly haven’t chosen not to do that, so unfortunately we won’t pick your birds up, we simply can’t reroute just for one individual otherwise we would be setting a precedent we could not follow I’m sure you understand as a pigeon fancier. Every customer is equally important and we can’t put priority over one or the other thanks very much, I’m sorry we can’t help you this time.â€

Two comments on the above, first I did not have the choice to go to Steve Wrights no one came back to me and secondly it was not 6 o clock I was asked for the birds to be picked up (though that was too early in my opinion) but 5.15 /5.30 so they could get down to Steve’s at 6.

6 I immediately rang pigeon tracker on picking up the above message got through to a lady and asked for Jamie, was told he was on the other line and asked if he’d ring me back.

7 At 1524hrs I sent the following e mail:-

“Your phone message was exactly the reaction I expected. At 10 past 10 this morning, I had a discussion with the lady that rang, she told me I’d have to get the bird down to Steve wrights today otherwise you’d pick up at my home to get to Steve’s at 6. My reaction was that you could not pick up then. Then I said you can pick me up on the way back, I was told no you were going to Brighton. I then agreed with your lady that she would ring to let me know when I COULDN’T go to Steve Wright’s to deliver them because I didn’t know whether I could get there. She said she’d ring Steve and let me know. At 10.28 I had to put my phone to voice mail but I checked the map and saw you would be coming up to the A303 get to Brighton. I left a phone message which said that it would only take you 20 mins more to collect from me on the way back, the same 20 mins it would take on the way down. I had no reply, nothing to say that couldn’t be done and nothing to say when it would be possible to go to Steve Wrights to deliver the birds.

Then as the Jim’ll fix it you rang me in response to the e mail below to say if I’d gone to Steve Wrights this afternoon my birds would have gone. Now you’re not going to pick them up.

I sent the e mail because I thought I was going to get no info from you and there would be every chance your driver would turn up anyway on the basis if he gets me up then I’m not gonna turn him away. My loft is in a field a couple of miles away with no electric and I can assure you it’s no fun going up there with a torch at 6 in the morning to get the birds, leave alone 4.30. I was right wasn’t I you knew I could go to Steve Wright’s in the afternoon but your lady never rang me back to tell when I couldn’t go so I could work out if I could, and I don’t know why cause I wasn’t stroppy with her on the phone and again I wasn’t stroppy with her at 2.30.

I don’t get it I’ve not complained about you in the past when you’ve had difficulty delivering. I’ve even recently said I felt more comfortable with you than any of the others. But because your lady couldn’t be bothered to come back to me to tell me what times it would be possible to go to Steve Wright’s you’ve now c’mon like the minder saying we won’t take your birds.

What domestic customer service company collects / delivers at 5.30 in the morning, you seem to thin k that’s reasonable, I obviously don’t. But I’m pissed off just like you are after reading my e mail, because of a simple matter of not getting another phone call to give me the information needed to see whether I could get to Steve Wrights, I asked for his address to by the way, because I did go there about 2 years ago but I’m not from the sw so don’t know the area very well. And by the way I left a message at 2.30 asking you to ring me back, however I assume you were too busy.

Disappointedly yours

Alanâ€

8 At 23.39hrs Monday I received the following e mail which I did not read until this morning.

“Dear Sir,

We're somewhat perplexed at your attitude toward us simply because we cannot accomodate every individuals needs.  Whilst we do appreciate that 6.am is early in the morning we can tell you that 99% of our Customers as fanciers have no objection to this slight inconvenience.  

At least you can go back to bed whereas our drivers cannot.  You were the first port of call for our driver down that area and as we start at 6.am it means you play an important part in providing a succesful delivery platform for the rest of the day and the rest of our customers.

As for pre-empting our routes I'm afraid that you were not on a direct path and therefore you would have not been a suitable candidate for calling back on without putting our other customers out.  Whilst a half hour out of the way might not seem much to you it actually then re-routed us a far longer path than would normally be taken, this then creates a snowball effect.

It was based on the logistics of this that we could not call back to your address.  I take this time to remind you that couriers are not here to be bullied and it our aim at all times to try and accomodate fanciers, racers, breeders and the like as best we can, however its clear we aren't able to satisfy all of the people all of the time as is the case with your good self.  We need you to work with us not against hence our arrangement for you to safely leave your bird/s with one of the top breeders in this country, this is something not many, if any other couriers could or would do.

As for your running to get your birds from the loft at that time of the morning or 7.am for that matter it would appear you would have expected our driver to wait for you while you did this?  Again this is something that couriers simply cannot afford to do as I'm sure your well aware.

I've taken the time to listen to your telephone conversation and concede you were indeed polite however that does not detract from the fact you felt unable to work with us to provide you with the service you required.

We are always saddened that a potential customer has to be declined however we cannot give preference to one over another and need all fanciers to work with us in a manner that provides a suitable system for all in this time of difficulty inherited by the demize of Amtrak.

We wish you well with your future courier needs and if at any time we may be of assistance we are certainly there for you however we really must strive to work with each other to do so.

Yours respectfully,

Anita

Logistics Managerâ€

9 I replied with the following this morning:-

“Hi Anita, you are ignoring the bottom line, no one rang me back to give me the opportunity to see if I could get to Steve Wrights. When Jamie rang at 2.30 (four and half hours after I'd been told you'd ring me with the Steve Wright information) he told me if I'd taken my birds in the afternoon all would have been well. He knew that but I didn't. Now this order was passed to you last week, why didn't someone call me then to make me aware you had an issue. Instead you ring me at 10 in the morning the day before. A bit like me ringing you this morning and saying pick my birds up tomorrow to go to Thurso, could you do it, not if it didn't fit in with your plans. I like you have things to do  and tend not to fly by the seat of my pants in deciding what I'm going to do today.

As to changing your route for the customer, a phone call back confirming you would not do this with the Steve Wright information would have put me in a position to see if I could meet your requirements. Instead I had nothing no reply I think that's called working together. [steve Wright daytime is about approx 40 minutes from me, an hour and a half with delivery and return journey] As to changing the route, I appreciate what you say. However local knowledge is sometimes helpful. When you come back from Cornwall to Brighton which was your planned route today, you must go via Exeter. At Exeter you have 3 choices. To go along the coast and if you are taking that option your business is not being run efficiently. Or up the A30 to hit the A303 OR up the M5 to junction 25 then across to the A303. Either of these routes in terms of time are equal. The A30 can be a git because it's a poor road, the M5 if there's an accident. I live 7 minutes off junction 27, so your delay for getting my birds coming off jct 27 and getting back on is about 20 mins. As a service driven company, delivering to the public I would maintain that insisting you call to a customer at 5.15 / 5.30 in the morning is extremely poor.

I think there is probably one important factor not mentioned to date. Your lady who rang me first on Tuesday morning and told  me you always pick up at 6 from Steve Wright. ALWAYS?? That sounds a bit like the customer dictating pick up times, of course the difference between Steve Wright and myself is that he is a business and not an everyday pigeon fancier he runs the House of Aarden and his £ is worth far more than mine. I think if your company only wishes to look after its business partners its days as a pigeon carrier are limited unless you change your customer service perspective. I shall put this episode on the web. With a record of all e mails and Jamie's phone call which he left on voice mail. It may be that other fanciers think I'm being unreasonable, in which case it may increase your business prospects. However at this moment I feel that whilst your attitude remains as it is it will be detrimental to this particular part of your business.

I sincerely wish you well because I did think up until now you were very good carriers however until you change your policy of pickups at such a ridiculous time, you will appreciate I will not be using your service. Other than that I would suggest your staff when they promise to call back do. I would otherwise still happily use your service.

I thank you for the courtesy of your reply and hope you will give serious consideration to the above because I think it is genuine constructive criticism Wishing you and your staff a very enjoyable festive Season.

Alanâ€

I am sure Pigeon Tracker will quite rightly reply but the route of this problem is in my opinion a) their request that they wanted to pick up at 6 in their e mails (this is  not true, they wanted to pick up at 6 at Steve Wright’s not at my place). BUT still too early regardless; and B) I was not contacted back to see if I could get down to Steve Wright’s the only window of opportunity I had would have been as it turns out between 1345 and 1515 yesterday. I do accept fully that they cannot build their business around an individual’s needs but as they say we need to work together, if 20 mins delay to me is business critical then I understand. I note that pigeon fanciers are happy for pigeon fanciers to call at 6, so I am obviously in the minority. In which case I may well take some stick, my apologies to Mick for the birds still being in my loft.